Chapter Sixty Four

Hailey's POV

"Hi, Adriana," Mr. Fioreli treads carefully.

Mrs. Matteo inhales a sharp deep breath, tears starting to weld into her beautiful brown eyes. "F- fer- Fernando?"

He nods.

Isaac's mom instantly places the drinks down behind her and runs towards her brother as he accepts her in wide open arms, finally embracing each other after who knows how many years.

I sit quietly in my chair as Mrs. Matteo instantly begins to break down, hugging the dear life out of her brother, as he does the same to her, as I try my hardest not to get emotional.

"I'm so fuckin' sorry," he says, pulling her in closer to him. "God I'm sorry, Adri, I'm a fuckin' idiot," he continues to pull her in closer, kissing the top of her head as tears begin to run down his face as well.

I give the siblings a few seconds to each other before getting out of the chair and interrupt their little family moment, "I'll give you guys some privacy," I smile pointing towards the door.

Mrs. Matteo instantly pulls away from her brother, "no, stay, please," she wipes the tears that are still free falling from her eyes. "This is Fernando, my other brother, my oldest brother," her voice threatens to crack again, clearly overwhelmed.

I smile over at him, "I know, we met a couple minutes ago," I inform her.

"We did," he confirms with a smile.

"Really, Mrs. Matteo, please, I don't mind stepping out side, I'm sure you guys have a lot to talk about."

Mrs. Matteo quickly frowns clenching her beautifully shaped eyebrows together, as she turns to look at her brother. "What are you doing here, Fernando? How did you even know we were here?"

He gives her the same answer he gave me a few seconds ago, "Sal."

"This, out of all things you decide to show up to?"

"Adriana, please.."

"This isn't his first time being in the hospital, Fernando!" She begins to raise her voice a bitnand I quickly glance over at Isaac, who still seems to be asleep. "He's been in the hospital four times, not counting his birth, which you missed by the way, but four times, Fernando, four!" she holds up four  fingers. "And this is what you decide to show up for? Him nearly dying."

Now I really do want to step outside, things definitely escalated quickly.

Mr. Fiorelli quickly starts to shake his head, "no! I've been wanting to reach out to you for years, Adri, but I was so afraid that you wouldn't forgive me!"

Now he's the one raising his voice.

I quickly look over at Isaac again and my heart nearly stops when I see his face scrunching up, it's the most movement he's made in days.

"Um, Mrs. Matteo.."

She looks over in my direction, past her brother, "yeah, sweetheart?"

I point towards the bed, towards Isaac, her son, and she's quickly looking in that direction. Isaac is now slowly turning his head to the side, starting to groan softly. She doesn't bother wasting anymore time and is quickly pushing her brother out of the way, walking towards the hospital bed.

"Isaac?" She keeps her voice at a soft tone, sitting down at the edge of the bed. She cups her son's face, slowly turning his face to look at her. "Isaac, honey, can you hear me, baby?"