Her New Neighbor

Prompt: AU where Clara moves in to her new flat and the Doctor is her new neighbor. Sent in anonymously, enjoy!

++++++++++++++++

Clara grabbed another box of books (she had packed four) and hauled it up the steps to her new building. She clicked the elevator button, and as she entered the elevator, she realized she couldn't hit the button. She was about to set down her box when she heard a man's voice ask, "What floor?"

Clara put down her box and smiled as she hit the button herself. She extended her hand, "I got it, thanks. I'm Clara, by the way."

"I'm John...some people call me the Doctor, well actually most people. So I guess the Doctor," he said, smiling the whole way through. Clara began to notice his smile was oddly contagious.

The elevator opened and she picked her box back up, "Well John, this has been fun, but I must continue moving into my new place. See you around."

She walked out of the elevator, and she noticed that John was following her. She just kept walking; she didn't want to say something and seem egotistical. She reached her flat and opened the door, bringing in the box without bothering to close the door. She turned around to see John leaning ever-so-casually against her doorframe.

"Um...are you lost?" Clara laughed. John just smirked.

"Well, I'm not busy, so I could help you move. If you wanted. And I guess we're neighbors. I live on your right."

"You can help if you really want, I suppose. I'm not going to turn down free help from my supposedly new neighbor who just so happens to be adorable. Won't your girlfriend be upset if you help me move?" Clara asked. She was sort of hoping he didn't have a girlfriend.

"I uh...I don't have a girlfriend," John said, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Oh. Well then. Come on, we've got work to do."

++++++++++

After John had helped bring up all of Clara's boxes, he went back to his apartment. He closed the door behind him and started reading when he heard a soft knock on his door. He opened it up to find Clara holding up a thermos of tea and a couple of sandwiches along with a bag of chips.

"I thought that maybe you were hungry, you know, after hauling around boxes all afternoon."

"Oh you impossible girl, you read my mind," John smiled, inviting her into his flat. He noticed how cute she was when she walked, her short little legs carrying her into his flat. He hadn't had anyone over since River, and that hadn't really worked out well.

They settled around his coffee table and dug into their dinner.

+++++++++++

John and Clara talked and flirted all night. She hadn't realized they fell asleep until she woke up on his couch. He was already in the kitchen making a fresh pot of tea. Clara smiled.

She walked into the kitchen, and John grinned widely when he saw her.

"I made you tea," he said.

"Thanks. I've gotta unpack today," she sighed. "Would it be okay to call you later?"

"Or I could help you unpack. I've got nothing going on today," John said, sheepishly.

"Don't you have a job?"

"I can always take a sick day."

Clara could only smile. She had a feeling this was going to be the start of something great.

++++++++++

So...that's it for this time. I hoped you all enjoyed. As always, please vote, comment, follow and keep sending in those prompts. Love you guys!