xxv. destroyer of worlds

─── ・ 。゚☆: *

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

AS MORE TIME WENT BY, JUNE FELT HERSELF BECOME ONLY WORSE. Her body was much weaker, the sickness taking over. She had gotten more pale, a few streaks of blood from her nose, chin, and eyes over the skin. She had gotten sick more than once, coughing up blood violently, feeling frightened that she'd be the next to roll over and die. She didn't want her friends to end up in the same state. Instead of worrying for herself, June made sure to wander around the dropship where more delinquents in an equally poor state joined them, making sure they were comfortable with water and buckets.

Head spinning, June stumbled to where Clarke had a light pointed in Octavia's wide mouth. A cloth was pressed to both hers and Bellamy's mouth cautiously as he watched closely. June cleared her scratchy throat, approaching just as Clarke finished. "Okay, we're done," she informed Bellamy. "No visible signs of swelling or bleeding."

"So you're saying she doesn't have it?" Bellamy asked eagerly, his voice muffled through the cloth.

"I'm saying she doesn't have symptoms, but that could change," Clarke told him weakly, leaning against the ladder for support. June frowned at the sight, resting on the other side. "We need to keep her here just in case."

Bellamy shook his head. "No way," he argued. "Look at this place. She'll get sick just being here."

"You want the outside to be like this too?" June countered. "Octavia was the first to touch Murphy. We have to stop this from spreading."

Nodding in agreement, Clarke motioned to the upper level. "Look, I'll keep her on the third level with the people who aren't symptomatic yet," she offered before saying what she'd knew would get Bellamy to cave. "Think of it as a way to stop her from sneaking out again."

Octavia scoffed before snapping. "Screw you, Clarke."

Allowing Octavia access, Clarke stepped to the side. "I'll let you know if her condition changes," she says. Bellamy gave in, although June could see the dislike on his face as he finally left the dropship.

"What do we do now?" June questioned Clarke in a short mumble as Octavia started climbing up the ladder. They quarantined for now, but they had to consider other options to somehow make it through the sickness Murphy unknowingly brought.

Holding her hand up, Clarke waved to Octavia to stop her. "Octavia, wait. I need you to sneak out again," she said. June could hear the desperateness in her voice, knowing the need Clarke had to save everyone. But she caught on too quickly, ears perking up despite the weakness in her muscles at the new choice. "We need a cure before we lose more people," Clarke continued tiredly. "Your friend, the grounder - "

"Lincoln," Octavia interrupted her in a mumble. "His name is Lincoln."

Lips pressed more firmly together, Clarke gave her a curt nod. "Lincoln," she repeated. "He might have the cure for this." Octavia seemed to be more than glad to leave, practically dashing out of the dropship and heading straight for their tunnels. June sighed in relief, holding onto the ladder for leverage and to keep herself on her feet. She shut her eyes for a moment, a pound in her head arising, wondering when this would pass - if it would. They've already lost a few to it, ones who weren't lucky enough to breathe as they coughed on their blood.