Part 11

A/N: Short chap~ Flash back starts and ends with the — symbol.

The Asgardian had moved to Terra. The beginnings of what I still believe will be a disaster.

He had gained the scepter. Gained our alliance with him and that granted him his army to do his bidding. Our bidding in reality.

The fool had hardly slept, running over his plan of action. Claiming he needed to have it completely memorized and yet keep his body ready for compromise if the plan changes.

I watched him close to make see if he could actually be able to do the mission.

The man was aware that I didn't like him. He brought it up point blank.

"Why waste your time watching so closely?" He had asked as I paced around the room he was in.

"You don't leave a child unattended." My eyes met his. Though only his smirk grew.

"Must be bothersome to have me wedged so deeply between Thanos and yourself." He closed the book he had been reading.

If I had a hotter head I would have told him then and there how little he actually mattered to us.

"Bothersome is too polite a word." I played up my irritation.

"Then what? Only when I complete my task on Midgard will you see me equally?" His words made my smirk grow then.

"What will the equality give you? Something the "All Father" couldn't?" The harshness hit him. I could see something suddenly form in his eyes.

Anger maybe or perhaps it's just deep memories surfacing.

"Equality," he stood up.
"Among the likes of you and more so Thanos makes me inviolable." I could see the passion in his word. He really was an Asgardian. Spoon fed the 'fact' of being a god.

"Busy hands achieve more than idle tongues." I challenged.

"What have you done to get your status other than spread your legs?" His eyes narrowed at me. He walked toward me though I stood taller than the man, I could physically feel his convictions.

"No one dare appose you because of your status alone. Every word taken for fact, taken as law with Thanos as a swift hammer behind you."
—-

His words were wrong...weren't they?

"Pouting?" That baritone voice asked as he walked up to me.
I stood watching the stars from the control room in our ship.

"I'm more than...more than just a woman to you, right?" I crossed my arms keeping my gaze forward. He stood behind me and pulled my back to his chest.

"What brings this along?" His voice softer as his arms held me close.

"Just answer, please."

"You affect me carnally but also you're paramount." His kind words were spoken delicately and carefully.

"I hate that damned Asgardian."