Not Today

This is an impulsive writing moment after that live that made me freak out. 

This short isn't related to the lyrics at all. Don't expect too much LOL

Kaycee's POV

**********

I look around the studio, smiling and greeting those who greeted me, absently caressing the possibly forming bruise on my cheek.

"Hey Sean, how do you feel?"

I turned to Tim's voice and cheekily grinned and waved as he interviewed him.

"I feel bad for hurting Kaycee," was his reply, and that was my cue to go over to them.

I told him that I am totally fine, but this big baby is still beating himself up because of it, I don't know if I should be amused or not.

"Kaycee, how's your face? How's your face-y?" Tim asked me, holding his phone camera as I walked over.

"He hurt me on purpose guys!" I say jokingly just to mess with Sean, but the second I turned to him, I can't mistake the subtle guilt that crossed his eyes.

I inwardly sighed, but keeping up my smile as we talked with Tim on the live. Sean and I didn't interact that much after the dance, as we would always wait until the studio empties of students who took the class.

I am still kind of uncomfortable in showing affection in front of others, and Sean respected that, being a private person himself. We kept our interaction in bare minimum during classes, wanting to focus and internalize, and because if we do interact, Sean usually is unable to help himself and then we will be exposed in no time.

And if he does show affection, even by the way he just stares at me or mess with me, I do sometimes let him. He's naturally sweet and caring – that is his primary love language – and I can't take that away from him.

Just like a while ago when we're dancing. The hit really hurt a lot, feeling my head pound at the impact, but saved it through mere acting. And when we were ending, my cheek throbbing and eyes stinging with tears due to pain, and being carried away with the act of playing out what Jojo told us, I could actually felt the intensity between us.

I had approached him then, seeing the worried look in his gaze, and I wanted to assure him, comfort him as I started to bring my hands to his face. But on the last minute I put it on his shoulders instead, realizing that was too intimate. At that moment, hiding his emotions was the last thing on Sean's mind as he lifted my face up. I met his worried gaze again, and my heart thundered in my ears as he caressed my bottom lip gently, especially at the side where it throbbed, and then I thought that he was going to kiss me.

If it were us alone, I really wouldn't mind. But thank God he didn't; instead, his eyes spoke many questions, most likely asking me if I was okay as he tucked my curls behind my ear. I couldn't answer him yet, and then he walked away, looking at me coldly as part of the act.

I could feel the restraint inside of him; he was practically not breathing as Jojo came over us, and after that, he was silent as the class ended.

We were the last to say good bye to Tim, Jojo and Donovan, and Sean and I walked in silence towards the parking lot. His silence was starting to bother me; I didn't want him to feel too guilty about it. It was common in our partnership, disappointments and pain a normal occurence.

"Sean –"

"I texted Laura to not pick you up anymore. I asked her if you can sleep over," he said, his eyes glued on the phone.