29 | When Chaos Comes Knocking

So, as y'all know it is finals time and I did say I would be gone, but I just try to study through the day and write for three/four hours at night, so I can still produce updates, because Gangsta Lovin' only took me a year to finish, but I've had this one since October of 2016. So y'all are getting aaaalllll the updates, okay? lmao. WARNING: In no way do I condone getting high, but if you do - do it responsibly and know your limits!

***

Semaj's POV

The first half of my day started with me being alone which was weird because for the last two weeks Michael was usually home with me (now that his term ended), but for the last few days he wasn't. Having accepted an interim position through the organization he'd did his project on with Nicole, he now had a legitimate job and I was so proud of him. But it only made me feel worse because I wasn't contributing anything to the household.

So, since I was alone I spent that time applying to every open job that would be pay me a decent amount, hoping that one of them would call me back soon so I could at least try and sneak in a paid bill before Michael caught on and talked me (or forced me) out of chipping in. He felt I didn't have to, but he wasn't thinking of how LaToya would feel at me living here, racking up their bills and not paying my dues.

But after hours of sitting in front of my laptop screen I was annoyed, frustrated, and hungry. I was pulling the cabinets open and the refrigerator like something would magically appear, but nothing looked good to me even though there was food in there. I didn't have an source of transportation since Michael was driving his car today and LaToya wasn't here. Neither was my little Joey who LaToya had practically adopted and took from me.

So I was really by myself and hungry. My phone vibrated on the counter I stood in front of, Michael's name flashing across the screen in a call. I picked it up, holding it to my ear.

"Yes?"

"You good?" He asked and it sounded like he was eating something.

"Starving, but it sounds like you're getting your nourishment for the day," I playfully teased him and he laughed, "I'm kidding. How's your first day so far?"

I heard the sound of jingling keys in his background and then turned around abruptly when I heard someone coming in through the front door. I was half-expecting LaToya, but then in walked Michael with food in his hands. I smiled, my savior.

I hung up the phone and skipped over to him as he walked toward me. "Food, food, food!" I went reaching for the bag, but he pulled it back from me.

"Damn, can you acknowledge me first? Shit," his tone was serious, but the smile on his face told me he was being playful.

"Hi," my eyes reconnected with the bag of food, "now gimme gimme."

He then childishly responded, "Gimme got shot by the FBI."

He laughed at his own stupid joke before handing me the bag. Now that I had the inventory in my hands I reached up on my tippy-toes and kissed his cheek. His hand wrapped around my waist, gripping my behind and pulling me closer to him.

"What kinda kiss was that?"

I rolled my eyes, and remained on my toes to give him a full fledged kiss. Michael tugged at my bottom lip with his teeth before pulling back. I looked at him for a second before smiling and shaking my head. I truly did love this man.

"So, I gotta leave in like ten minutes because I only get an hour for break and I'm already at twenty minutes and it's probably gon be traffic heading back out there," he said behind me, following me to the kitchen.