Chapter 21

Everyone and Everything went silent around him and he couldn't concentrate on anything but the only thing he heard was the crack in his heart. He couldn't understand whether he heard properly or not about her. His head was spinning and his mouth went dried.

" That's not true." He whispered to himself shaking his head.

Everyone just stood staring at him.

" That cannot be true." He raised his voice shaking his head wildly.

" Sid....." Karthik tried to stop him.

" No! You are lying, she cannot......" Sid shouted.

" Ma, tell me the truth please." He pleaded her holding her hands.

" That's the truth beta. " She said with tears.

" No! You are lying. You told me right that you don't want to tell me the truth? That's why you are lying to me Ma?" He asked her hopefully.

She looked at her son and nodded her head in no.

"No! No! No! This cannot happen. She cannot die. She cannot leave me." Sid said stubbornly.

A thought crossed his mind and he immediately looked at Raj and Neha. Raj was trying hard to control his emotions looking down while Neha was crying silently.

" Raj! Neha! It's not the truth right? " He asked them hopefully.

They looked at him with red eyes. Raj looked down and Neha looked away from him.

" Tell me, it's not the truth right?" He yelled at them.

They again looked at him and tears spilled out from both of their eyes.

" It's the truth." Raj said in a shaky voice.

Sid looked at Neha who nodded her head in yes and cried loudly hiding her face in her hands.

" No! " Sid yelled.

"Sid control yourself." Karthik tried to console him.

Sid felt nothing.

No pain..... No tears..... No sadness.

He just felt numb.

His mind and body stopped reacting.

It was like his brain is trying to process the truth he just heard but couldn't decipher it.

He just stood there like a lifeless man in front of everyone who were worried and concerned looking at his condition.

" Sid."

" Beta."

" Sid."

" Sir."

"Siddharth."

Everyone are calling him but he is not responding.

" SID!" Karthik yelled shaking him by shoulders furiously.

Sid snapped out of his state and glanced at Karthik who looked concerned at him. Then he looked at his mother and walked to her.

" What happened to her?" He asked her blankly without any emotion.

" I don't know." she whispered.

" Are you again lying to me?" He asked her coldly.

" No beta. I really don't know the reason for her illness. When I met her that day she behaved as if there was nothing between you two. I got angry and scolded her for playing with your feelings. I warned her to make my son just like he was before. I threatened her to ruin her. But she just stood there blankly saying nothing. Then I explained her your condition and even begged her to come back to your life." His mom said with tears and paused looking at her son.