[Chapter Fifty-Six] Family Dinner

Chapter Fifty-Six – Family Dinner

Julian's Pov

I held her for the rest of the time I was there and it felt amazing to have her in my arms right now, I couldn't wait until she was out in two more weeks and then I could hold her whenever I wanted. I loved feeling her soft and small body against mine, it may be stupid but I felt even manlier when I was with her because she was so fragile and to me, she needed me to protect her, I wanted to.

What I didn't want was to leave her but I had to.

We said our goodbyes and I promised to call if I had any news, other than that I had to wait a few days. We could talk twice a week unless there was something important and I could see her once, they were pretty strict on that which annoyed me to no fucking end but at the same time I understood.

This really was what was best for us.

I cradled her face in my hands as I kissed her soft pink lips lightly, I loved kissing her, I could never get enough of it and I kissed her until I heard someone clear their throat and I turned to glare at Kylie who looked amused

"You done?" she asked and I smirked

"Nope." I said before I wrapped my arms around Bailey and picked her up from the floor to kiss her better, she was going to give me back problems if I bent down to kiss her this much for the rest of our lives, she needed to be more on my level.

"Manhandling!" she yelled and I chuckled against her lips and she smiled too. She secretly loves it really.

"I'll see you next week pretty girl, I love you." I gave her one last kiss and put her down

"I love you too, call me when you know." I kissed her quick and she waved goodbye, I was pleased to see how happy she's been, I know with Lacey it was hard and I know reading the beginning of my journal was hard but she truly seems to be getting better, I worry less about her relapsing when she leaves the more I see her.

Kylie followed me out and I felt the urge to smoke but I quit that shit years ago, I guess I was looking for another bad habit to pick up.

"Family dinner at your mom's new place." She just had to bring that one up.

"I know." I clutched my fists because my fucking worthless brother was going to be there, I was not his biggest fan, he was a fucking idiot and he's going to screw up someone's life when he fucks up on a patient.

He didn't deserve what he had, he got everything handed to him from our father while I actually worked for it, and I was good, I think I would have made a good doctor but I just didn't see myself being happy doing it because that's what he did, that asshole didn't deserve for me to follow in his footsteps and besides, I'm happier as an actor, I actually love what I do.

"Maybe you should make up with Carter." She suggested and I scoffed

"Make up? We never liked each other Kylie; there is no making up to do." Carter and I always hated each other, we never grew out of it, and we just hate each other more.

"Maybe he just wasn't as strong as you were, he was a victim too Julian, don't forget that he took this hits just like you did." She was trying to help but she was making things so much worse and my temper flared

"Are you kidding me, Carter was the golden child to him, he was supposed to be my big brother and protect me like a real brother would do but he fucking threw me in front of those hits every chance he got. I took ninety percent of those beatings so don't lecture me on that crap. He didn't care about me or mom, he was our father's pet." I nearly spat, I really didn't like him.