[Chapter Fifty-Seven] Closer To Ready

Chapter Fifty-Seven – Closer To Ready

Bailey's Pov

I got a call from Julian on Monday and I was so proud of him, they cast him in the movie, Kylie and I decided she would get a cake to congratulate him when he came to visit next week.

"Hey Bailey." Kylie came in my room and I smiled at her, I was actually feeling happier.

"Hey Kylie, what's up?" I shut his journal, after Lacey's death and the couple weeks after that it got a lot easier to read, they were all pretty fresh memories so on the good days I can remember vividly how happy I was and on the days we fought I could remember how crappy it felt and then I could see it from his side.

"Just checking on you, how are you feeling about being released in a week and a half?" she asked and I shrugged but my stomach churned

"Nervous." I admitted, I didn't want to keep thins hidden because I don't want to end up like Lacey did, I wanted to live and leave here and be with Julian and figure out what I wanted to do with my life.

"It gets better, you can always talk to me about it." she laid beside me on my bed

"I just don't know what I want to do with my life and everyone else does, it's frustrating. My brother has a career, Julian does, you do this, I just don't know what I want to do with my life." I bounced a couple ideas around my head but nothing seemed right.

"You're twenty Bailey, you have time to figure it out. I always loved being an actress until I became an addict."

"Why did you quit?" I asked and she sighed

"I was too scared to go back, I was a public train wreck and I didn't want to deal with those particular consequences."

"So you hide behind this place?" I asked and she shrugged

"Pretty much, I love what I do now but part of me just wants my old life back, I think highly of Julian for doing what I could never do."

"You could always go back." I told her and she shrugged

"I don't think so." I looked over at her and she gave me a sad smile

"What about Caleb?" I asked and her face lit up when I said his name, she really loved him.

"He's a smart guy who got caught up in bed things. His parents weren't the best so he ended up on the streets after college and his grandmother sent him to rehab when he went to her asking for help. He's a game designer now, he loves it."

"Smart guy indeed." I agreed

"Yeah, got an academic scholarship to college and then shit just hit the fan when he was done and moved in with his parents again after, he graduated at twenty-one and got hooked quick, but he wasn't an addict very long, much like you."

"What was his drug?" I asked her

"Meth." She told me

"And you?" I asked

"It started with weed, then I popped some pills and then I tried Acid and Shrooms and it went down from there. I've done those, PCP, Crack, Heroin, Cocaine, Meth, and Ecstasy. Not all at the same time of course but it went from bad to worse."  Damn, out of everyone I knew it looks like she had it the worst.

"You're lucky to be alive."

"I know, you were an addict a little over a year, Caleb a little less, Julian was for two and a half and I was for about five all together. Your parents may suck and have put you here so you didn't ruin their reputation but it was the best thing for you Bailey, if they didn't you could be dead by now." She grabbed my hand.