CH. 6 Not going to remain calm

CH. 6 Not going to Remain Calm

(Aimee POV)

When I saw the look on his face, I knew damn well he either didn't have the key, or he lost it.

I kept staring at him, genuinely speechless.

"Sweet Lord, Sweet Lord. I ask you to give me strength right now." I started saying to myself and humming.

"Baba yetu, yetu uliye Mbinguni yetu, yetu amina! Baba yetu yetu uliye Jina lako litukuzwe." I started singing to myself to calm myself down, I don't know about other people, but when I felt like I was going to snap, I would start to sing or hum to myself, just to calm myself down.

"What, I didn't know you were spiritual. What language is that?" He asked me.

He didn't know I was spiritual? He doesn't even know me at all!

I let out a laugh that caused his eyes to widen, surprised and taken back by me laughing.

"Oh, I'm not spiritual. But I'm praying to God, whatever God there is out there, to give me the strength not to end you right here and right now." I said.

Anthony stared at me with a wary facial expression.

I noticed the amusement running through his eyes, Oh he find this funny?

"I'm sorry, did I miss something funny? Tell me. I want to laugh also. I find nothing funny here; you need to tell me where the key is!" I said, losing all my patience.

It was the truth, and I didn't lie. My arm was really starting to hurt badly, and it wasn't fair that he could move his arm the way he wanted to move it, but I couldn't do that.

I already agreed to his plan of being his pretend girlfriend, so why was I still handcuffed?

"I just found it funny how I have you, singing and acting spiritual right now when you happen not to be a spiritual person, that's all," He said, causing me to groan.

"Listen, just remain calm." He told me, causing my eyes to widen.

Remain calm? Remain calm? Has he lost his mind? I have been calm throughout this entire thing.

I mean, any other person would probably have reacted way differently to this situation than I have.

I looked at him, giving him a look to suggest he was utterly ridiculous to tell me to remain calm.

"Easy for you to say, you're not the one handcuffed to a car with no key," I said, causing him to flinch.

If this guy doesn't stop flinching. I'll give him something to flinch about.

"Do you have the key, yes or no?" I asked him.

He let out a sigh.

"I left my place with the key." He told me. I raised a brow. That's not what I asked, and he avoided answering my question.

Did he think that would work? That will not work for me.

"That didn't answer my question. I asked you a yes or no question; your answer needs to be either Yes or No," I said to him.

He let out a sigh. "It's in here somewhere I know it." He said, and I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Are you positive that the key is in here? Because if it's not Anthony. I'm going to be very angry. Like very, very angry." I said to him, making sure he got it.