Chapter Sixteen

Rosé

"What the fuck is he talking about?" Kai wonders as he puffs on a cigarette, his eyes coming to me in a moment of worry.

I'm quiet with hurt and fear.

Wren almost revealed my secret. My secret is not pretty. It has stopped me from experiencing so much—happiness, love, a peaceful night of sleep.

And I'm mad at myself for not standing up to him. He has no right to dangle my secrets in front of others for his own pleasure after what he's done to me. But I was never able to stand up against him...he was always stronger.

"What the fuck got into you? Why would you bet on her?" Noah snaps at his brother who looks like he wants to set the world on fire.

"Shut up." Daniel darkly grits under his breath, his eyes stuck on me.

Daniel going along with the bet was sickening. After how comfortable we were days ago, he switches up on me like this? Why did he hurt me like that? What did I do to him?

"You bet on me." Softly, I say as sad emotions crawl up my throat but I'm not going to cry.

Daniel's eyes shadow with wicked darkness that makes my heart stumble in anxiousness.

Even though he's been a complete idiot tonight, I can't help but worry for him. What if he had crashed and gotten seriously hurt? He didn't think of the consequences of the race nor the bet he made.

My stomach twists in horror at the thought of if Wren had won. I would've been trapped in his hell, again. My anxiety crawls back with memories of dark nights that have broken me so deeply, I can never escape them.

"Rosé, are you okay?" Noah senses my anxiety rising.

I curl my fingers around his sweatshirt as my heart starts to pulsate irregularly.

"Noah, can you take me home, please?"

"How the fuck do you know Wren?" Daniel snarls those words at me and I flinch a little from panic.

I don't have the courage to tell him the truth. He can't know. My past is mine and my secrets are mine. If I can trust him then I'll let my nightmares out but until then I'll suffer alone.

"I don't have to tell you anything." I quietly say.

"Fuck, Rosé," Daniel's eyes darken with anger, "Don't be fucking difficult."

"Why do you care?" I look into his eyes.

Why does he care if I know Wren? What is he going to do if I tell him Wren is the reason why I have nightmares, why I'm scared of being touched, why I have panic attacks? He doesn't deserve to know my truth. Not after how he's seen me break down twice, he shouldn't be pressuring me into anything. I'm scared of him finding out the truth because when he does, he'll regret ever touching me.

"I don't fucking care but I'm not stupid to see how scared you are of him," Daniel condescendingly scoffs with a smirk, "Have you fucked him?"

My eyes widen at his nauseating words.

"Daniel." Noah tenses.

My heart falters with hurt and panic.

"You've fucked him, haven't you."

"Bro, shut up." Kai nervously says.

Daniel smirks, it's heartbreakingly dark.

"Sweet and kind Rosé, desperate for happiness so she fucks whoever she likes. Wanna kiss and tell who you've fucked?"

My heart breaks.

Insinuating that I sleep with different guys to make myself happy, makes me want to curl up and cry. Why is he so angry? What did I do to him? And why do I feel like he's angry because of something else? This isn't only about Wren and me.

But the way he's talking to me is heartbreaking. I've been nothing but good to him and he's treating me like this. It's not fair. I'm not desperate for happiness. I deserve happiness.

And I guess it deserves me right after he warned me to stay away from him. Even though he was the one constantly coming back to me, looking for ways to touch me, I should've known better. Nothing ever good happens to me.

With a heavy heart, I look at him

"Stay away from me." I whimper as I blink back tears.