Under the covers

MAY 12, 20XXTUESDAY

MAY 12, 20XX
TUESDAY

"I really won't be caught?" I ask in a whisper.

The both of us are sitting with the linen over our heads to create a small tent. The electric candle I brought from home illuminates our faces as we stare at each other.

"Nope, they leave me alone at night," Taehyung reassures me.

I'm feeling a little nervous about sneaking in but as soon as he takes my hand in his, I forget about it.

"Why do you have to stay here so long?" I bravely ask.

I know Taehyung hates talking about his situation, but I needed some comfort too.

"I've been stalling for surgery. They want to fix my arm up and then start up chemo....but..." Taehyung gulps and shakes his head, unable to continue.

I put my other hand over our interlocked ones. "But what if it helps make it go away?"

"But what if they're wrong?" Taehyung looks into my eyes.

"They're doctors..."

"I don't know. My grandma said she had a feeling that they were wrong. I can't help but cling on to that."

I sigh internally. He was really pushing surgery aside because of a gut-feeling?

"Did you get a second opinion?"

Taehyung shakes his head."It's too expensive. Each doctor wants to run their own tests."

He sets aside the candle between us and scoots closer. "Scariest part is that...if I get chemo and they're wrong...I may never be able to have kids."

I Look down at our hands. He is the most qualified person I know to be a father. How can something take that away from him?

"How many kids do you want?" I try to change the conversation, wanting to see his smile again.

Taehyung grins widely, "Like five."

I nearly choke. "Five?! Oh my god. I don't know if..."

He raises his eyebrows. "If you can handle it?"

I nod my head knowing I could never go through labor that many times. Do guys think it's easy?

"You can because I'll be there for you."

Oh my god, is he really saying that we are going to be having kids with each other?

"So either I wait and hope they're wrong about the cancer or..."

Or?

I look up to catch Taehyung's lingering stare.

He finally leans over to cradle my face. The sleeves of his robe that drown his hand feels soft against my cheek.

I let my eyes close before I feel him press his lips over mine.

His kisses start off sweet and gentle and slowly become greedy and hungry.

I fall backwards from his gentle nudges, allowing him to come between my legs.

I rest on the bed and bring up my hand to weave into his hair.

Is this really happening?

Am I ready?

Taehyung being between my legs sets my fantasies into overdrive. I can't help but want him to take all of me.

It sets me on fire.

My body's temperature rises as we exchange shy touches until they became confident ones.

Taehyung breaks apart from the kiss and takes the linen from over our heads, the heat quickly escaping.

He helps take off my shirt and I return the favor by opening his robe up so I can trail my fingers down his abdomen.

I want him.

I want this.

"Say it," he pants softly. "Say you want me."

Adoringly, his hand goes back to the side of my face, his thumb tracing my lips.

I playfully run my tongue against the pad of his thumb. "I want you, Kim Taehyung."

He inhales sharply and places his hand on the small of my back to bring me close to his body as he dives for a kiss.

My breaths start to become heavier and my lips need to part to let them out.

Taehyung takes the opportunity to let his tongue meet mine.

Taehyung's heart rate started accelerating, the monitor showed it all.

Past Taehyung's shallow breaths, the beeping rang loud in detection of the change in pulse.

Lips still messily entangled, Taehyung takes off the clip from his finger.

In anger, the monitor flatlines and blares the alert.

The sound of running towards the room causes our lips to break apart.

Muttering a curse word under his shaky breath, Taehyung quickly puts on his robe and I roll out of bed.

The room door springs open, I quickly hide behind the bathroom door with my shirt covering my chest. I cover my mouth to muffle my heavy breaths.

"Looks like I accidentally unclipped it in my sleep." Taehyung explains to the nurse, slightly out of breath.

I hear the nurse moving around. "These alarms go off so easily. I wasn't worried about you. There we go! Now don't be doing anything crazy."

"Don't worry, my fun's over." Taehyung chuckles and the nurse leaves.

I emerge from the bathroom, still hugging my shirt tightly.

We look at each other for a short while before laughing at the circumstance.

Biting his lip, Taehyung smiles as his eyes travel down my body and back to my eyes.

"You're insanely beautiful right now."

With butterflies in my stomach, I climb back into bed with him. His greedy hands pulls me close to bury his face in my neck.

"Jennie?" He mumbles sweetly against my neck.

"I'm in love with you."