Chapter 20

After seeking out the innkeeper to find his room and a little Alohomora, Hermione settled Tom into his bed. She noticed that his room was much neater than hers was. Hermione examined the neatly stacked books on top of his desk. It was exactly what she would have expected him to read. The stack contained numerous books on how to create horcruxes poison and kill. Other than his books and his trunk she noticed there was nothing else. It looked as if the place had never been touched. The bed and bathroom were all left in the same condition you would find them in when you first enter the room. There were no toiletries strung around the bathroom and she wondered if he even stayed in his room.

Without wasting anymore time, Hermione slipped out of Tom's room and returned to hers so she could change back into her work uniform and retrieve the second sleeping draught, as well as its antidote. Then she made her way down to the Floo Network. She swiftly grabbed a handful of floo powder and shouted; "Hepzibah Smith Residence!" Suddenly, the Floo lit up green and Hermione found herself inside of the home she was looking for.

Hermione was welcomed by a small female house elf whom she presumed to be Hokey. She was dressed in a pale pink pillowcase and there was a bruise found on her cheek. Hermione wanted to free her immediately, but she would have to lay off for a few minutes. "Good evening, Miss. Hokey is at Misses service." The female house elf gave her a little bow, which Hermione reciprocated. "I need to speak with Ms. Hepzibah Smith. Do you think you could get her for me? It's about a business matter. Tell her it's on behalf of Borgin and Burke." Hokey nodded and apparated further into the ugly pink and yellow interior of the house. It was only five seconds later when Hokey came back and welcomed her inside.

As Hokey guided her into a pink tea room, Hermione noticed that both were in a display cabinet in the very same tea room they were in. Of course she wanted to brag about the famed artifacts. Hokey and Hermione found Hepzibah drinking her tea, staring at the very same artifacts Hermione wanted. "Good evening, Ms. Smith. I am sorry for interrupting, but I am here on behalf of Mr. Borgin and Burke to ask if you wanted to purchase a particular item." Hepzibah skipped the greeting and gave her an annoyed glare.

"What item?"

"As you are a loyal customer to Borgin and Burke, they thought that it would be best if you would like the chance to buy this item before anyone else," Hermione rummaged through her pant pocket and brought out the clear sleeping draught. "It is said to delay aging for 50 years. Brewed by Salazaar Slytherin and Rowena Ravenclaw themselves, people say." Hepzibah's eyes immediately lit up at hearing Hermione's major selling point, but then they narrowed. "How come I have never heard of such a potion?"

"They say it's a secret, only the heirs of the founders deserve to know. And since you are Helga Hufflepuff's descendant, we thought you'd like the first offer for it at a very agreeable price."

"I see. Their reasoning is very understandable. Now, how much is it did you say?"

"Only 20 galleons. Like I said, it's an exclusive offer. If you don't buy it now and I visit other clients, the price will undoubtedly increase." Hermione prayed that she would take the bait and buy it. It only took a moment before she answered confidently. "I'll buy it."

"Excellent. Would you like to drink it now? Personally, I am very curious of its effects."

"I don't see why not after you've offered me something so exclusive. Oh, I can't wait to tell my friends!" Hepzibah looked like she could jump in joy. She unscrewed the lid and drank the whole thing. "How do you feel Miss?"

"I feel amazing! It's like it worked instantly!" Hermione almost scoffed aloud. This was too easy. Hermione excused herself and requested for Hokey to show her the bathroom. Conveniently, it was located upstairs. Hermione followed Hokey up Hepizbah's grand staircase before stunning her with a "Petrificus Totalus!" Before Hokey fell to the floor with a loud thump – much like Tom did, Hermione caught her and laid her down on the carpeted floor. She didn't want Hepzibah to know what she was doing to her house elf. "I'm sorry," Hermione whispered to the fear-stricken house elf. "Obliviate." She watched Hokey's eyes fog, then defog as a result of the spell. Hermione then sprinted to what she assumed to be Hepzibah's room. She scavenged through her drawers and found sacks of galleons, which Hermione took. Even though Hermione did not like stealing, she was currently very poor and did not want to work another day at Borgin & Burkes. She also took one of Hepzibah's stockings that she would use to free Hokey. Then Hermione down the stairs to find a sleeping Hepzibah lying on the floor. Hermione smashed the display cabinet and grabbed Hufflepuff's cup and Slytherin's Locket. She fixed the cabinet with a simple "Reparo,". Hermione placed an extension charm on her pockets and stuffed all that she could into them before walking towards the sleeping Hepzibah. Hermione unscrewed the antidote to the sleeping draught and forced her to drink it. Hepizbah woke with a minor spasm. Before she could utter a word Hermione uttered; "Imperio," Hepzibah went still and Hermione held out her stocking. "You are going to take this stocking and give this to Hokey. Now." Hermione watched as Hepzibah numbly walked up the stairs to where Hokey lay and gave her the stocking. Hokey did not respond as she was still petrified, but she would understand once she woke up. Then Hermione pointed her wand to Hepzibah for the second time. "Obliviate."

~

~

~

Disclaimer: All rights belong to J.K Rowling and Warner Bros.

Thank you so much for reading and leaving votes and comments!