twenty

Caden's P.O.V.

I had never expected them to find me there. My parents must have a paid a fine sum to get the police to search that far. Mom must have stopped chemo. It's not like it was doing anything for her anyways. It only made her tired and maybe added a few hours to her painful dying.

I miss Simon. It's ridiculous how he has impacted me so much, and now I won't see him for a very long time.

-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-

"Ready?" I looked over at Simon. He was sitting in the passenger seat of my car once again.

"Yep!" He laughed, "I feel like a KillJoy!"

"A what?" I asked, laughing.

"A KillJoy. The characters My Chemical Romance plays in their album "Danger Days- The True Lives of the Fabulous KillJoys." He tapped his first fingers together nervously.

"I've never heard of them. Do you have any music with you?"

"Yes!" He squealed, "I mean, yes." Simon made his voice a little lower than normal.

He reached over and pulled a CD out of his bag. A white spider was placed in front of a landscape but behind the album title.

"See? This is Danger Days." He popped it into the radio and a voice boomed over the speakers.

All I heard was the last sentence if what the voice was saying- "KillJoys, make some noise!"- before Simon began to sing the guitar notes.

"Drugs, gimme drugs, gimme drugs. I don't need 'em, but I'll sell what you've got, take the cash and I'll keep it. Eight legs to the wall. Hit the gas, kill 'em all. And we crawl-" He paused for a breath, and when he tried to start singing again, he just started laughing.

"What's so funny? " I mused as I turned down the radio.

"The look on your face while I'm singing. Shock. So, where are we going? "

"We, are going to see an old friend of mine. His name is Sergio."

"Sergio?"

"Yeah. My parents never met him, but we hung out all the time."

"Did you ever... You know..."

"No, Simon. Never."

"Okay." He smiled and looked out the window, "How long?"

"A couple hours. What do you want to do?"

"Kiss you, but I can't do that. You're driving."

"Aww now don't do that. Now I want to kiss you." I squeezed his hand.

.

We walked up to Sergio's door, and I knocked once.

"Caden? Is that you?"

"In the flesh!" I laughed and walked in the house, Simon trailing behind me.

"So who are you?" Sergio asked Simon.

"I'm Simon and-"

"My boyfriend." I interrupted.

Sergio looked between us, a smirk playing on his face.

"Well, what are you two love birds doing here?'

"We ran away."

"Why?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Long story short, my parents have banned me from seeing Simon and don't approve whatsoever of my relationship."

"Ah. Well, I guess you can stay here. They never knew me, so I doubt they'll look here." Sergio grabbed a few blankets and pillows from the closet, "Here, I'll make dinner later."

"Thank you, Sergio." Simon and I spoke in unison.

Sergio went to the store to grab some food.

"You know Simon, I'm not driving anymore." I smiled at him and leaned over to kiss him.

"Yeah." He smiled back after our kiss, and Sergio walked in again.

"That was fast."

"I forgot my keys but oh my God you two are way to adorable!" Sergio squealed.

"Go to the store Sergio." I stuck out my tongue and threw a pillow at him.

Maybe we could just stay here for awhile....

----------------

This story has taken almost a complete 180 from what I thought it would be, but I don't know. I kind of like it. So we are gonna go with it.