PRELUDE

///

"if you love me, let me go

"if you love me, let me go."

///

P L O T

six and a half years ago, yoongi walked into a bookstore, picked up a classic Paulo Coelho, and promptly fell in love with a boy who struck up conversation over said novel.

today, yoongi walks onto his performance stage in a recital hall somewhere in tokyo, plays a love song on a piano, and promptly falls back into love with a boy who sits amongst the audience watching him with sad, sad eyes.

and so this story is about yoongi and taehyung; ex-lovers who once parted ways in seoul, reuniting once again in tokyo for one last night together - where they learn how to both love and let go, and how doing one does not mean the other ceases to exist.

///

P L A Y L I S T

this extended one-shot was inspired by ideadead's ariel, a rendition of the black skirts' original song of the same title. i listened to it on a whim and felt my heart stir, and i hope yours does, as well, when you hear this song (it's not on spotify, sadly, but is available on soundcloud and Youtube!)

some other songs to suit the mood:
eric nam's hold me
offonoff's midnight
the black skirts' everything
nell's the day before
snow patrol's chasing cars (this one especially for the last few scenes, i feel)

///

D E D I C A T I O N

to a sister, whose hands write magic and heart runs deep with kindness so pure words cannot do it justice 🌹

kisshyuns

and to whoever is reading this: this is for you, for giving me a chance to share my story, for taking time to read or vote or comment, for being yourself because you are accepted just as you are in this second, in this very moment, with no preconditions or expectations. i love you! :")

///

N O T E

this short story contains portrayal of anxiety, contains swear words, and will hint at smut. if any of these are triggers or you are uncomfortable with them, please read with care or let me know, so i can publish abridged versions. these concerns are valid, and so are you, and if you need anyone to talk to, i am happy to listen. please look after yourselves!

the book is already published! i hope this story will at least make one reader happy! :)

///