Chapter eight_(08)

••All I want, is to love,
And be loved••

     Black little spiky arms and tingly legs with white spots graced a tiny spider's frame as I watched it crawl across my desk. It looked so beautiful and fragile, it's thin legs, crawling across my shiny desk surface.

It's probably a new born. It's so cu—

Wham! A loud smack came down on my desk and I stared in horror at the maths textbook on my desk, perfectly covering the definitely dead spider. My emotions swayed from sad to angry as my eyes trailed the arm of the perpetrator until they met with cold dark ones.

Stephanie.

"Why can't you at least put in effort to be normal like everyone else? Ehn? Prep is going on, everyone is reading or studying in groups and you're here, ogling a disgusting spider that's even poisonous sef." She said, all the while, staring down at me with her big dark eyes.

My initial reaction was to squirm away and hide my blotchy face from the tears I'd cried the last time I'd come in contact with her and her stupid followers, but instead, I looked up at her with a frown.

"Thank you very much for caring, but if everyone else is "studying" like you say," I started, looking around with disdain at the students in the prep hall, dancing, with earphones plugged into their destinies. Some, openly kissing and displaying all forms of pda, and I looked back at Stephanie. "Then, why are you here, instead of studying?” I said and leaned back in my chair, watching her fair face lose color.

"You never learn, you idiot. Do you?" She said, her voice surprisingly calm, as she narrowed her eyes at me. "Don't worry though, I know of something perfect that'll shut that filthy mouth of yours and teach you how to respect people that are above you." She completed, an evil grin on her lips as she cat walked away from me, towards her stupid gang.

I rolled my eyes and muttered bitch under my breath as I angrily flipped away the maths textbook she had used to kill the spider. The poor thing was crushed to death, it's beautiful spotted legs, broken and I suddenly became so emotional over the spider's death.

I was lost in my feelings, tears welling up in my eyes as I stroked a pinky finger over the dead spiders wiry legs, when my hoodie was pulled from behind. We were allowed to wear any kind of clothing for prep and uniforms were only worn to classes, so I was wearing a very baggy black hoodie with ripped shorts underneath, as I cuddled myself up at the very back of the hall, where no one could disturb my peace. But maybe that was a bad idea, cause as Stephanie, Clara and the short dark girl shoved a piece of clothing into my mouth and pulled me out the back door, nobody noticed. And even if they did, who cares enough to stand up against Stephanie for me? Even my best friend didn't care enough.

The short, dark girl I had undermined turned out to be very strong, as she wrapped her scrawny but strong arms around my flailing torso. I tried to scream, but they had gagged me, and I just ended up choking myself. Tears threatened to break free, as fear of what they would do to me tightened my chest, but I didn't let it fall. I continued struggling against the short girl's hold, but she was too strong. And now, fear began to constrict my lungs.

"Let her go now, Gladys. We can deal with her here." Stephanie said, giving me the new piece of info about the short girl's name as I stood upright and spat the handkerchief they'd kept in my mouth out. I took time to get my bearings and I realized we were on the track field. It was really cold out, since it's was night time and that meant, the possibility of a teacher coming out here was very narrow and I adjusted the arm of my hoodie that had slipped during the struggle.

"Why are you doing this!" I yelled, breathing heavily as my Balenciaga running shoes staggered against the track floor.

"Because, you're a good for nothing tramp that's always raining on my parade!" Stephanie yelled back, moving towards me. I thought of running away, but they were three, Stephanie was captain of the female track team, and she's my roommate.

Just my luck!

"How? I don't even talk to you guys! I don't get in your way! I try as much as possible to avoid you and yet you keep coming for me! Why!" I screamed, tears stinging the back of my eyes as they threatened to spill out any second.

"You need to learn to always stay in your place. And stop disrespecting the wrong people." Stephanie said, directly in front of me. I was taller than her, so it was pretty hard for her to tower over me, but in that situation, it seemed like I was a dwarf. "I am, and will always be better than you, Mayowa Smith. You're an ugly piece of shit that isn't worth half the price of my hair pins, stay in your fucking lane!" She yelled, going crazy as she slapped me hard across the cheek.

"Come on guys," She motioned to Clara and Gladys and they came forward. I was on the floor now, the intensity of the slap had made me fall on my butt and I held onto my left cheek, still seeing stars.

Before I could recover and send the stars back to space where they came from, another slap landed on my right cheek, and then jabs, blows and kicks followed. Now, I had no control over the tears. They rode freely on their own accord as I cried and pleaded for them to stop. But it just felt like my pleas were even cheering them on, cause the kicks intensified until I could taste the metallic tang of blood in my mouth from a definitely broken lip.

I couldn't even see the directions the blows were coming from, but I stopped pleading at a point and just tried to deflect some of them. A particularly strong blow hit my stomach and I fell on my back, laying flat on the floor like I was dead.

I felt like I was.

The pain was too much and too random to even feel it, and it felt like the whole of my joints were disjointed. My head hurt, my ribs hurt, my eyes hurt...I'm sure my legs were broken... And I just gave in to it all.

Maybe this is even a good thing. I mean...I'm already too much of a problem, maybe if I died things would be good for everyone.

Let me just go...

Yeah...That's what I deserve.

Death...

"What the fuck are you guys doing!" I faintly heard a voice yell from a distance and the last thing I saw was Stephanie and her minions running away before my eyes snapped shut.