chapter 60

Nandini's room

After the scene which happened downstairs, nandini went upstairs to her room, she hurt and majorly angry.

N : how could manik do this to me, and adi he is supporting him. Does he even know what Manik has done. And to think I was giving him the benefit of doubt

Nandini tried to calm herself down and lied down and bed. Wanting nothing more to sleep. Sometimes you want to sleep rather face the nightmare called life.

------
Almost midnight
Outside nandini's room

Manik is standing by the door of nandini's room, slowly pushing it, he peeks inside. Making sure to make no noise.

He doesn't go in, but rather looks at a sleeping nandini from away. He just wanted to make sure that she wasn't crying, although he is aware of the fact that she might have due to him, this past month.

Suddenly hearing someone's voice from behind him, he jumps and turns back startled. Then takes a breath seeing anika

An : you seem like a creep

M : I was just going

An : the question is why are you here

M : shouldn't I be asking you the same

An : for nandini, shivaay was worried, so I came to check up on her. Also get some water

Showing him the filled jug, which she had just gotten from the kitchen, anika raises a brow in question.

M : yeah I was, I was

An : doing the same

M : what, no I mean

An : no need to lie, I am not shivaay who is going to be angry because you are outside his sister's room, this late at night. But I do want to ask you, why Manik ,what happened that u were I don't know where and she even doesn't want to hear your name.

Manik sighs and then moves his gaze towards nandini once more

M : I did something horrible .

An : perhaps, but you should talk to her, I am sure she will understand

M : I can't, and neither do I expect her to understand

An : why

Looking back into anika's eyes, manik speaks with conviction. There was pain in his eyes

M : how can I expect nandini to forgive me for something, even I can't forgive myself for.

Saying this Manik leaves, and anika is left to ponder on the fact, what must manik have done to not even talk to nandini, because as far as she remmembered Manik had always been desperate to hear her voice, specially when she had gone to America.

-------
Next morning
Breakfast table

It is said that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. And the breakfast table at murthy mansion said the same. All the members were present, making the atmosphere quite tense. Nandini and Manik were still on the no eye contact stage. Shivaay was angry with the way Adi behaved with princess yesterday, so he was glaring at him. Adi was trying to avoid looking at shivaay and instead looked at Preeti,who had gotten to know what happened just now and was dissapointed in Adi. Anika was trying to deviate the topic, trying to focus on common things everyone could talk about without offending the other. But her attempts made it awkward.

Shivaay then after having his breakfast got ready to leave for office and anika left to help him. Preeti glances at adi motioning him to walk out for a minute since she wanted to talk. Getting up preeti left the table, adi following after a while.

N : what do these guys think, we don't know adi is going behind her.

Nandini speaks up without realizing Manik is the only person left except for her. Looking up she scrunched her face getting her mistake. She to was about to get up when Manik spoke

M : you didn't eat much, atleast complete what's there in your plate .

N : so u still have a voice

Taunting Manik she sits back down. Both of them then eat in silence.

N : why do u even care ?

M : I will always care

Manik reply is a reflex, which shocks nandini for a second but then she glares at him

N : your actions seem to disagree

Saying this she leaves and manik looks down unable to say anything else.

------
Main door
Murthy mansion

Adi and preeti are standing face to face, while Adi is almost expressionless, preeti still looks dissapointed.

P : you are hurting nandini .

Ad : I know

P : then why are you still doing it. Did you all the while know where manik was?

She looks straight at adi wanting to maintain the eye contact. Adi to looks into her eyes, he wasn't going to hide away. He wasn't feeling guilty, just feeling bad because his princess was hurt.

Ad : yes. I knew all the while and I don't think I or manik did anything wrong.

P : well then, seems like u and Manik are the same. You don't care about others. And the fact that you always said that you care was a lie all along.

Ad : what

P : save it

Preeti walks to the car waiting for nandini. Nandini right at that time comes out and sits in the car. Her and preeti driving out of the gates on murty mansion.

Meanwhile Manik too comes and stands by Adi

M : looks like both are girls are angry.

Adi nods and they too leave for college. Unaware that their girls just we'rent angry they were livid.

-----
That's all for today

I hope you got to know a bit about what Manik's thinking right now.

Also preeti and adi seem to have differences.

Do vote and comment

Precap : acting out