¹³, THE BRACEBRIDGE DINNER

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍. . . 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘉𝘳𝘢𝘤𝘦𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘥𝘨𝘦 𝘋𝘪𝘯𝘯𝘦𝘳
❝ C'mon, there's freaking sleighs out there, that's like a dream to you. ❞

  CHARLIE FELT BAD about hiding from her mother, but she wasn't exactly feeling up for the Bracebridge dinner. The teen simply didn't feel like being around a bunch of people, Jess included, as the two hadn't made up since their fight a couple of nights prior.

  "You gonna be alright?" Luke questioned the girl behind the counter, ignoring Jess who was awkwardly loitering behind him.

  "I've closed the diner before," Charlie said, not taking her eyes off the cash register. "Have fun."

  "I really shouldn't be going if you aren't," Luke began nervously, making the girl look up, "I mean, you'll be the only Gilmore missing—"

  "My grandparents are going to be there?" Charlie stifled her laughter, "You'll have to give me the cliff notes version when you get back."

  "Or you could come to witness it first hand—"

  "Closing the diner."

  "Are we leaving or not?" Charlie and Luke turned to Jess, who looked rather disgruntled.

  Luke scowled, pointing a finger at the boy, "Don't push your luck."

  The man was somehow finally convinced Charlie wouldn't burn the diner down, though she had never before, and left her. Since a majority of the town was at the inn, Charlie simply counted the money, cleaned the surfaces, and locked up.

  The streets were quiet, aside from Charlie of course. After walking around for nearly half an hour, the girl finally decided to drop by the inn. She shouldn't let one boy ruin her life, plus her mom would be happy she stopped by.

  Right?

  This was better than facing the no doubt let-down she would get if she took a left turn instead of going straight, finally stopping by Liam's to talk to him.

  "Charlie!" The girl's eyes widened, the first person to spot her was her grandmother, who had never once called her by the nickname, "I was beginning to think you weren't coming."

  "Well, I wasn't. . ." Emily raised an unimpressed brow, "I offered to close Luke's tonight."

  "Well, you're here now," The woman smiled.