33

The week following the tournament weekend was uneventful

The week following the tournament weekend was uneventful. I had a doctor's appointment with Dr. Yun to check up on how I'm doing, and I told him about the pool incident. Thankfully, I am nothing except shaken up about it, thanks to Maddox's quick reflexes and first-aid training. The doctor was slightly worried about the strain on my heart, but thankfully all that needs to be done is to watch it and go in for frequent check-ups.

I can't tell what Maddox's intentions are, despite his texts, but I'm so attracted to him that I couldn't care less at this point. I have never felt like this around anyone before, and I've never received this kind of attention either.

Maddox's blunt mouth and dirty words stir something deep inside me and all I want to do is keep exploring the feeling. I just have to hope that his protective instincts with me don't have anything to do with a warped sense of familial obligation.

After the time that he came to the hotel room just to kiss me and prove me wrong, he hasn't tried anything else with me. I have no idea what he's waiting for. Chase came to me and told me that if Maddox ever did anything to me, he wanted me to know that there would be no choosing between the two of them, but I know that Chase would resent Maddox if something were to happen.

I try to push it from my mind but it is impossible when Maddox is everywhere I go, and he is all I want to focus on. During practice, Maddox takes multiple water breaks, using dehydration as an excuse to watch me. I try not to falter every time I feel his eyes on me, but I feel my eyes drift to focus on him instead of my routine and end up bumping into someone.

"Okay, Aurora that's enough. Sit this one out and watch. Just because you're Chase's sister doesn't mean you'll get any special treatment around here." Crystal says and I pout but don't argue as she is absolutely right. I shouldn't receive any special treatment, nor do I want it.

I see Maddox smirk and try to stifle a laugh as I cross my arms and glare mockingly at him. Damn him for being so irritating and sexy. He returns to practice and I watch the routine from the bleachers, paying attention this time.

After practice, I apologize to Crystal and walk over towards the field where the boys are practicing. It should be illegal to hold both practices at the same time. It is far too distracting.

I'm about to walk to Chase when a hand loops around my waist and spins me around. I rest my chin on Maddox's hard chest and look up at him with a smile. "You seemed distracted at practice today, anything I can help with?" He smirks and I glare at him.

"No," I mutter, annoyed that he can get under my skin so easily.

"Let me take you home." He offers and my annoyance is cleared to make way for elation. I bite my lip and nod eagerly. Maddox keeps his hand wrapped around my waist and despite being covered in a sheen of sweat, he still manages to smell heavenly. I ignore the stares of everyone, this being the first time that Maddox has ever shown any affection to me in public. Most people assumed that him saving me at the pool was just him doing the right thing, but the guys who live in the house aren't surprised to see us embrace.

Maddox leads me to his sports car and it makes me wonder. Nothing that Maddox does leads me to believe that he is wealthy, and he rarely drives this car but I know that one like this costs a pretty penny. I'm snapped out of my thoughts when he holds the door open for me and takes my bag from me. Cheeks flushed, I lower myself into the seat.

Maddox leans down and before I get the chance to, he pulls the seatbelt over me, brushing my chest and stomach lightly with his hands and buckles me in. He chuckles when noticing the flustered expression on my face, as well as my quick, shallow breaths. He shuts the door and puts our bags under the hood, where the storage space of this car is because of the rear-engine design. I can't help but run my hands over the gorgeous interior every time I'm sat in it.

Maddox's large body lowers into his own seat and it's a wonder how he even manages to fit in this car. His body is so immense that I swear he increases the pressure of the small space, simply by occupying it. I study his profile as he adjusts his seat and turns the car on. A loud rumble is heard before he accelerates and speeds home. His unconventional beauty distracts me from our arrival. He parks inside the garage and catches me staring, but he chooses not to tease me about it.

Hurrying to open my door before I can, Maddox reaches for my hand once I climb out. My heart clenches at his sweet gesture. He carries my bag for me and holds the door to the house open as well. We walk together up the stairs to our rooms and he doesn't let me go. I look up at him and smile sweetly. He has an expectant look, his lips quirked to one side and one of his eyebrows is raised. I don't get the memo so he puckers his lips slightly and my own part.

My eyes widen at his silent request and I bite my lip nervously, feeling his thumb capture it from my teeth. I feel his warm breath fan my face and close my eyes. Maddox brushes his lips against mine, but he stays right there, waiting for me to close the gap. So I do. I press up on my toes and slide my hands over his bulging biceps and taut shoulders, wrapping them around his neck. He slowly drags his hands around my waist and pulls me to him.

I try to bring us closer and he leans down, easily picking me up by my thighs as he begins to lead us into his bedroom. "Wait, no. My room." I break apart from his lips and rush out. I don't want to imagine the girls that he's brought into his room while I'm there with him. He nods, probably understanding my hesitance and opens my door, walking us to my bed while looking directly into my eyes. He sits down on the edge of it. I play with his thick, black hair, loving the feel of it between my fingers. His hands trace the length of my spine over my uniform, coming down just above my bum before stopping. I look down, blushing.

"I love it when you blush." He murmurs, moving his head to place open-mouthed kisses on my neck, drawing out a soft moan from me. His pants tighten underneath me and I feel his arousal pressing into me. My eyes widen and I refuse to look into his eyes but he drags my chin up with one of his hands and I try to look away out of embarrassment.

"Feel what you do to me? No need to shy away, Princess. It's all for you." His voice lowers and it stirs something in my core at the deep sound of it. I meet his eyes with my own to see that his are dark, the same color they always are when we kiss. "This weekend, I thought we could all rent a house on the beach to celebrate the game. Do you think that's a good idea?" He asks softly, changing the subject for my sake, sensing when I need to slow things down and I nod, smiling at his idea.

"Yes."