07

chapter status: edited

E M M A

Calum laid down next to me, our breathing heavy, our bodies sweaty, as usual.

"You're amazing." Calum chuckled, wrapping his arm around my waist, pulling my body closer to his.

"I know." I giggled, nuzzling my head into his chest. I listened to his breathing for a bit, listening as it slowed down with each breath. This was one of my favorite moments we shared. Doing nothing except holding each other and listening to each other's steady breaths.

I sat up, leaning my back against the headboard. This affair with Calum and I has been going on for two weeks now, and I was thinking it was time to call it off. Luke would be coming back to London soon and I couldn't risk losing my relationship with him by revealing what I had with Calum.

"Calum, we need to talk..." I trailed off, taking a deep breath and closing my eyes, waiting to hear his response.

"Emma..is this what I think it's about?" Calum asked, and I opened one eye at him.

"Well..what do you think it's about?" I asked, sitting up straight now, quite curious on what he had to say.

"Well, you want us to end. You want us to end because Luke is coming back and you don't want your relationship with him to be screwed."

"That's exactly it."

"Emma, you know you're not his girlfriend, right?'

"What are you talking about?"

Calum sighed, running a hand through his messy hair. He was sitting up as well now, and I could tell he was getting slightly annoyed with me.

"He never asked you to be his girlfriend again." Calum said, his voice raising slightly.

"What? Calum, you know nothing."

"I know many things, one of them being that you're not his girlfriend. You're the girl he talks to every day and is madly in love with. But, that girl is not his girlfriend."

"Shut up."

"But it's true! Did you ever hear him say 'Oh, Emma! Please give me the honor of being your boyfriend again'? Because I sure as hell didn't!" Calum was practically yelling now, so I decided to yell right back.

"Calum, you don't get it! We're in love!"

"Puh-lease! You're just his opposite sex company!"

"That's not what you said two seconds ago!"

"I thought it'd help if I sugar coated the truth for you."

"He loves me!"

"For all you know, he could be fucking someone else right now! Maybe she's a hot australian girl who is fifteen times as pretty as you! She probably doesn't have scars and an old thigh gap like this one girl I know! She probably didn't stress him out for two years like this one girl I know! She probably didn't cut and then cry herself to sleep like this one girl I know! She probably didn't have sex with his best friend like this one girl I know. Want to know who that one girl was? YOU! "

That broke me. My heart shattered into a million pieces right then and there. But, I couldn't lose this argument over someone telling me how much of a terrible person I am indirectly.

"The way he looks at me," I whispered at Calum, in a stern, yet frightening voice," that's love. The way he looks at me makes me feel like the only girl in the world. And you, Calum Hood, are a royal douche. Luke would never say such hurtful things just to win an argument against me. You know why?"

I waited for Calum's response.

"Why?" Calum's tone was almost inaudible, but I could tell it was filled with guilt.

"Because he loves me."

I got up from the bed, picking up all my clothes on the way out. The last thought that came to my mind was,

Will I ever speak to him again?

.

.

.

L U K E

I ran my fingers through my hair, before clicking the 'call' button on FaceTime. It rang, and rang, and rang, until it said 'connecting'.

"Hello!" I heard Emma's beautiful voice say to me. That was the only thing that made me want to hop out of bed each morning. Emma.

Damn, so this is what love feels like?

"Hi, baby." I smiled at her, observing everything from her clothes to hair. She wore a skin tight peach camisole that suited her large chest, and at the angle she was holding her phone, I could see her light blue skinny jeans. Her toes were painted dark red and her nails were painted black. Her hair nice, as if it fell over her shoulders perfectly without any effort.

"Hello, Luke."  She waved at me.

"How's London doing without me?" I chuckled, and she ran and hand through her hair, which I had to admit was quite sexy.

"It's quite boring without you. Nothing exciting ever happens."

"Aw, well I'll be back soon enough. I can't wait to hold you in my arms and call you mine."

"I love you."

"I love you more, Emma Marie Kepp."

"Not possible, Lucas Robert Hemmings."

"Yes possible, Emma Marie Kepp."

"If it wasn't for you, I probably wouldn't be here today."

"But you are here, and that's all that matters."

Emma's eyes were drawn to something else, and her eyes widened.

"Luke, I have to go. I promised my mom I'd visit her today, and I'm already quite late." Emma stood up, rushing into another room as far as I could tell.

"Okay..well, I'll call you back later." I smiled, trying to sound okay.

"Yeah, bye." Was the last thing Emma said before ending the FaceTime. She's been doing that a lot recently. Everytime we got deep into conversations, she would have to hang up for some reason. I had a feeling it was all a bunch of lies. The 'I love yous' and 'I have to go because'.

Maybe she didn't love me back. Maybe she thought I was a douche for kicking her out of my house and breaking up with her almost a year ago. Maybe she loved someone else. Maybe, just maybe.

Was all of it really lies?

________________

__

A/N

dundundun

supicious luke is awesome. i can seem him raising those eyebrows mhm.

and in case you haven't heard it today, you're beautiful.

i love you

-mika xoxoxoxo