.:Chapter Ten:.

'You're a hot mess and I'm fallin for you'

Leaning against the stone wall near the entrance of the Slytherin dorms, Cercius twirls his wand through his fingers having chosen to leave his satchel in the Common Room so he wouldn't have to lug it around. His owl had already brought back a note telling him that the potions room and storage closet had been unlocked for them. Now he just had to wait for Severus to retrieve his journal.

At the thought the wall shifted opened and the raven haired boy slipped out adjusting the collar of his grey button up as he waved a small journal in the direction of his accomplice, "Got it, let's go before Regulus realizes I stopped listening to him rant".

Sniggering, he follows behind the taller trying to match his fast strides. Jamming his wand in his boot he jogs up next to the darker haired boy so that he can pull the door to the potions classroom opened. They slink inside and lock and ward the doors before the ravenet selects a table and the brunet retrieves his ashtray. Setting the ceramic bowl on the table, he moves to grab a cauldron, "So what's it gonna be?"

Severus opens the journal turning the pages quickly until he gets to about the middle, "So I accidentally figured this one out back in second year, I call it the alphabet soup potion".

Cercius pulls a cigarette tin from his back pocket and slides one out pressing it between his lips, "Alright explain it to me!"

The paler teen pulls his wand from his sleeve and casts an agumenti before flicking his wand to light the other's cig, "Okay so aside from the normal ingredients we need to add a parchment with a word on it and a piece of cloth with a color," he holds up a slip of parchment and a green swath of fabric that seems to have been sliced from a set of bedsheets, "They're skin will turn, in this case, green and Bully will be written on their foreheads".

Taking a pull of his fag, he sets it in the ceramic bowl and stands back up, "Have I told you today how brilliant you are? What do you want me to get?"

The onyx eyed male fights back a smile and starts the flame under the pewter, "Not today. Grab me some powdered thestral hoof, Slater roots, dried Kashper leaves, and cedar ash".

Grinning, Cercius turns to the storage room so he can gather the requested ingredients an his voice rings out over the quiet summer of the water, "You are Brilliant, Severus Snape!"