.:Chapter Twelve:.

'Me and you, you and me'

Three days later Cercius flops down next to the Slytherin in the library offering a large grin to the red head across from them. He has light circles under his eyes but he's still smiling brilliantly. He sets his bag on the table and shifts to turn more towards the other boy as he opens said bag, "So I'm not having withdrawals or the urge to take the potion, it's only really been one day but I thought I should let you know".

The darker haired teen nods to himself and sets down his quill, "Are you sleeping any worse than before you started taking the potion?"

He stops digging through his satchel and pulls out a few sheets of parchment filled with his handwriting, passing them to the girl across from them, "Nah it's the same, nightmares still suck just as much as I remember too".

The ginger girl takes the parchment, "This is the Charms notes right? Potter kept denying me butterfly notes in class and I couldn't concentrate".

Cercius chuckles and leans back in his chair propping his feet up on his corner of the table, "The last page is extra notes from some other books that might help with the assignment".

The longer haired male side eyes the other as he gets comfortable leaning back on two chair legs, "Have I told you how brilliant you are lately?" He quotes.

Oceanic eyes glimmer in recognition, "Not today".

Taking the offered sheets of parchment from Lily he glances over the large, neat scrawl, "You are absolutely brilliant, Cercius Cartwright".

Humming, he closes his eyes throwing his arm over his face to block out the light, "I'm also brilliantly tired, wake me up for dinner, alright?"

The Gryffindor doesn't even look up from her essay when she replies, "We will, you're my hero by the way".

He snorts in reply and peeks at her from under his arm, "You have really low standards for heroes, Red, cuz I'm not one in the slightest".

Severus dips his quill in their shared ink pot and tries to ignore the way Lily is smiling at him. He forces himself not to acknowledge the way he can feel the other boy's heat at his side. He pushes away the warm feeling that has been worming its way into his stomach, "You might be wrong there, Cercius".