Hash Slinging Slasher

Chapter 32: Hash Slinging Slasher

'I'm not the old me! I've changed!' David exclaimed as he walked over to Violet, he was nervously sweating.

Daniel and Dylan watched, they were admiring his bravery while Jay saw through it but chose not to say anything.

'What good with it do, I'd prefer not to tear Daniel's family apart and against him.' Jay thought, David started talking to Violet.

"Wow, David's so bold!" Dylan said.

Daniel nodded while Jay remained silent.

"Oooh, they entered the store! He's definitely going to get her number!" Dylan said they waited a few minutes until he said next, "I'm bored, let's go to the arcade."

Daniel shrugged, the three walking off to the arcade as David 'wooed' the girl in the clothing store.

Dylan played one of those fighting games, after a few round Daniel and Jay walked off into town by themselves.

"We're finally alone together, just us." Daniel said with a smile, he held Jay's hand in his.

Jay smiled, nodding his head to Daniel's statement.

The two walked in peace, enjoying each other's company when Jay excused himself at a convenience store to buy them energy drinks.

Daniel was walking around but stayed close enough to the store when Dylan came out of nowhere surprising him.

"Dylan? What's wrong?" Daniel asked, Dylan was sweating nervously.

Dylan had his hood zipped up with one eye peeking out, he gestured to three thugs, "Uh... those guys..."

"What about them? You didn't pick a fight with them right? Dylan really... picking a fight..." Daniel frowned.

"They want you to come with me..." Dylan said, he was shaking.

Daniel looked at the store where Jay was.

He sighed.

"Fine... I'll come."

----

Daniel's taller form slept quietly on the too white couch that was hard but comfortable enough to sleep on.

That's the position DG found him, legs bent into a v, holding one of the white pillows close.

'He's in his other body now... the small one.' DG thought, he had come downstairs to get some iced tea and possibly a snack.

DG walked out the room before returning with a blanket, he noticed the TV was on.

The channel it was on was a rerun of some talk show, DG recognized the set.

'This is the one where that PTJ training guy Oliver was interviewed....' DG shut off the TV once he recognized the special guest.

Placing the blanket over Daniel, he walked out once more.

----
Daniel frowned as the bullies thumbed through his wallet with all the hard-earned cash inside it, he held in his hand the precious five dollar bill.

Dylan had run in fear leaving Daniel to confront the three alone.

Daniel wasn't mad at him, he understood the fear he must've felt.

"Hey, gimmie the five bucks too." the bully said, he held his hand out expectantly.

"No." Daniel said, his mother had disgraced himself to earn this and Jay had almost died to get this back.