Lesson Nine

Lesson Nine - Grades Don't Measure Intelligence And Age Doesn't Define Maturity.

Sighing in frustration I slammed my phone down on the table. My brother Damon looked at me with a raised eyebrow as he continued to eat his breakfast.

He was always eating, every time I seen him it was all he was doing. I was surprised he wasn't the size of the house.

"What's wrong with you?"

"The man who gave me the file in the first place won't give me another copy and the information that was gotten from the other person isn't even answering their phone."

There was no doubt I knew why though. No one had to tell me who did this, I already knew.

Riker Kennedy.

Even the thought of his name now annoyed me. He was always one step ahead and I needed to get ahead of this little game we were playing.

There was no way I would let someone beat me.

"Have you offered them money?" Damon asked not really seeming to be as interested in the conversation as the food in front of him.

I looked at him like he was stupid. Sometimes I wondered what type of breed he was because clearly he wasn't the same as me. "We're rich of course I offered him money you fucking idiot."

"Offered who money?"

Glancing at my father from the corner of my eye I watched as he walked into the dinning room. He had the paper in his hand and a coffee in the other. He always made his own coffee claiming that no one could make it better than himself.

"Nothing, it doesn't matter." I said pushing away my plate that was only half eaten and standing up straight. "I need to go get ready for school."

He just nodded and didn't push the matter on the money. I was sure if this was any normal family I would've been killed or at least questioned about the money but at the end of the day we aren't a normal family. Plus my father has more money to burn than what he would care to keep track off.

An hour later I was picking up Sky from her house. Her parents had taken away her cars when they found out she didn't get perfect marks in one of her resent tests.

With a sigh she got into my car and leaned back in the seat. I looked at her carefully before pulling out of her long driveway.

"What's wrong with you?"

"My parents are being dicks again. They said I better get full marks on the next test or else they are bringing in my tutor again. I hate that man he's old, creepy and does nothing but stare at me. It gives me the creeps." She shivered almost seeming to remember the memory of last time.

"I don't understand why your parents are so hard on you. You get top marks and are getting far better grades than anyone else. Even my grades look like shit next to yours." I commended with a frown. I wouldn't be lying if I said it didn't worry me with the amount of pressure they put on her at times. They needed to remember that you couldn't ask the impossible of someone all the time just because they did it once.

"I know but trying telling them that. All they care about is if I got them all correct or not which I sometimes think is impossible."

She's right it's not possible to always get full marks. My father knew school was important and took it seriously but it was nothing compared to her parents. My dad wanted me to still have fun at the end of the day but her parents acted like it was a life sentence just to get one question wrong.