First Date or Worst Date? You Tell Me

*Hazel's Pov*

"I still don't know why you're doing this. It just feels so wrong." Violet said as she sat on my bed with Julia, Anikah, and Honey.

"Yeah. He doesn't really seem like the guy for you." Ivy said as she slowly looked through my closet for an outfit I could wear. Usually, she'd be excited to help me dress up, but she looked disappointed this time.

I rolled my eyes as I put on some makeup. They were just upset that I was having my first date with Caleb and not Asher.

I was for the most part going for a warm look. For my eyes, I put on mascara, a bit of eyeliner, and gold eye-shadow. I put on a rose-colored lipstick and light blush.

"I think Caleb's nice and all, but you always seemed to have more chemistry with Asher. I've noticed you guys haven't been talking lately. What's up?" Honey asked from her spot on the bed, curiously.

I couldn't tell them about the kiss and I definitely couldn't tell them about how he regretted it. That was such an embarrassing first kiss story. I had to come up with a quick lie. "We, um, got into a little bit of an argument."

"About what?" Anikah asked, with surprise in her eyes. I looked over to the girls and saw them all staring back at me, expectantly.

Shoot. What could I say that wouldn't make them mad at Asher but would also worthy of an argument. "He threw one of my books away....." I lied. Truth be told, if he actually did that, he'd be getting a way more horrible fate than an argument with me.

"Wait. Which book?" Anikah asked.

"Um...The Blood of Olympus," I quickly conjured up.

"How have you not chopped his head off yet??? That's from your favorite book series!" Honey said in shock. I thought the exact same thing.

"Must be true love." Ivy teased from her spot in my closet.

" Yeah, right." I mumbled.

Ivy pulled out a black skater skirt and a red velvet off-the-shoulder long-sleeved shirt. "Hmm... Try these on with your black pantyhose and black ankle-boot heels." She pulled out the boots and pantyhose and handed them to me. I went into the bathroom to change.

I walked out and Ivy beamed. "You look amazing in that!" She ran up and adjusted the way I tucked in the shirt. I was just glad she wasn't pestering me about going on a date with Caleb and not Asher.

"Now we just gotta do your hair." Ivy said, inspecting me. "Well I think a messy yet fancy bun would match your outfit, plus it suits your facial features and personality very well." She pushed me into the vanity chair and brushed my hair. Then she put it up. To finish it off, she pulled out some hairs to frame my face and curled them.

She spun my chair around to face the girls and asked them what they thought of her "masterpiece".

"She looks great!" Anikah said.

"Yeah, you're so good at this, Ivy!" Honey added.

The girls all started complimenting Ivy for her work and me for letting her fix me up to look nice.

I looked at the digital clock beside my bed and saw that it was 5:25 and Caleb was going to be here in a few minutes to pick me up. I looked over at the girls. "It's almost time. Just a few minutes. Are there any touch-ups I need? Any advice?"

"Don't let it go to awkward silence. Try to keep up a conversation." Ivy said.

"Don't go on your phone during the date." Violet said.