࿐ 0.5

"𝙙𝙤 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙝𝙚𝙖𝙧 𝙢𝙚
𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣 𝙞𝙛 𝙮𝙤𝙪'𝙧𝙚 𝙝𝙪𝙧𝙩 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙙𝙤𝙣'𝙩 𝙨𝙝𝙤𝙬 𝙞𝙩
𝙞'𝙢 𝙨𝙤 𝙨𝙘𝙖𝙧𝙚𝙙 𝙤𝙛 𝙨𝙚𝙚𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙚𝙣𝙙
𝙞𝙣 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙚𝙮𝙚𝙨 𝙞 𝙘𝙖𝙣 𝙨𝙚𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙚𝙢𝙥𝙩𝙞𝙣𝙚𝙨𝙨."
————━━━━━
1:49-2:09

"—————●━━━━━1:49-2:09

🌧

"YOU CAN sleep here, it's not much, but if you need anything more, i'm just a room away." jaehyun opens the door of the extra room and gulps when he sees everything still untouched. it used to be his brother's room, if jaehyun could even call him his brother.

it stings jaehyun till this day to know that his brother, his own kin, had left them and the responsibility of their mother in jaehyun's hands, stripping him of whatever was desrired as a boy his age. somtimes, family members themselves can be no better than strangers.

yujin smiles and fails to recognise jaehyun's pain. "it's enough, don't worry." she walks in and throws her bag onto the floor and jaehyun watches her take in the room from the door. he chuckles softly as yujin looks at all of his brothers' toy figurines, posters lined up on the walls and on the shelfs.

"it was my brother's, he's away now," jaehyun tries to sound as normal as possible, but he can't help but look down and feel his heart hurt. yujin turns around and notices jaehyun's sulllen expression. he looks back and fakes a small smile, "goodnight, yujin," he says and closes the door behind him.

yujin changes into her nightwear and is about to walk to the bed when she chances upon a picture on jaehyun's brothers' nightstand. she picks it up and immediately a smile grows on her face.

it's a picture of him, jaehyun and their mother about five years back — they were all wearing bright, genuine smiles after a happy family day at the beach. a family that was happy.

yujin's thoughts are suddenly interrupted by a piercing scream coming from outside. she hears things being thrown around with loud thuds. she puts down the pictures and slowly walks towards the door. she hears more yelling, it's a woman's voice.

"i hate you! i hate that you're always doing this to me!" another object being thrown. "get out of my sight! i never want to see you again!"

yujin slowly opens the door and takes a step outside. her fingers are quivering, and she feels chills run down her spine. cold sweat forms at the tip of her forehead everytime a screech escapes from the room.

yujin doesn't know what to do. does she go to the room? where is jaehyun? as if on cue, the door opens and jaehyun walks out of the room, eyes never leaving his feet.

he closes the door behind him, muffling the screams coming from inside. he presses his back against the door and slides down till he sits down. he pulls his knees towards him, burying his head in them.

yujin walks towards him and slowly sits on her knees in front of him. "jaehyun..." she starts, and jaehyun looks up into her eyes. his eyes are watery and his face is red. tears continuously roll down his cheeks.

"yujin..." he breaks down once more and yujin pulls him towards her chest. he sobs, and yujin slowly moves her hands from his head to his ears. she covers his ears, silencing all screams heard from inside.

"do you hear me," yujin sings as a tear runs down her face as well. "even if you're hurt you don't show it, i'm so scared of seeing the end," yujin pulls jaehyun closer to her chest as he cries even harder.

the yelling stops. jaehyun pulls away from yujin and sniffs, before laughing softly. "she's as tired as i am." with just those words, yujin's heart breaks as she wipes his tears with her thumb. "in your eyes I can see the emptiness," she says and jaehyun smiles.

"it's a refelction of how my life has been as well."

🌧
it's been awhile! i'll try to update everyday :))