Chapter 13

Its been a few days since they decided to kill that kid they found. I haven't met him nor have I even seen him yet. Carl and I were planning on sneeking in and seeing him.

Everyone was off doing their own things while Daryl, Rick, and Shane went to the barn. Carl and I hid behind the barn until it was the right time. "How many do you have!" We heard Daryl yell. "I told you about 50" that voice, it sounded so... familiar.

Carl tapped on my shoulder before nodding his head saying it was the right time to go in. We slowly made our way torwards the the barn door. I hear an oof followed by a crack. Now I was getting worried.

Carl and I burst through the barn doo s revealing a man on his knees with his hands handcuffed behind his back. You can easily tell the handcuffs were too tight by the blood oozing from his wrists. I couldn't tell who they were because of the cloth that was covering half of his face.

"Dad?" Carl says. We both had confused looks on our faces as we stared at the unknown man. "Who is-" "Get them out of here Shane!" Rick interrupted him giving Shane a stern look. "What's happeni-" Daryl rips off the cloth of the man to reveal...

Randall's POV:

I hear a feminine voice that I instantly remember. My (ex) niece Veronica Jenner. You see, my ex wife Kaya Jenner and I divorced when veronica was around 10. My ex wife wasn't the nicest person around. If you bothered her you would have a bruised face the next day. After we divorced Veronica and I still kept in touch. She said since her parents worked at the CDC almost full time she had to stay with Kaya. She would call saying she would hit and abuse her sometimes.

I offered for her to call the police but she said not to tell anybody. She didn't want to be put in an orphanage or anything like that. And here I am, in a stranger's barn being held hostage in the middle of an appocalyspe, when my long lost niece walks in on me being abused. Nice. A man that I learned was Daryl ripped off my blind fold to be met with my niece, I was right. What a small world it is.

Veronica's POV:

.....my uncle Randall. "Uncle Randall?!?!" That just makes everyone stop and stare. "The one and only." He replies. I go to run into his arms but end up being pulled back by someone and thrown to the ground. I looks into my attackers eyes to see crazy brown ones.

"YOU KNOW HIM!!" Shane says, spitting in my face in the process "I have 3 things to say, 1, Yes like I said he is my uncle, 2, next time you yell make sure not to spit, 3, GET OFF OF ME!" when I say the 3rd one he gives me a hard stare and gets off of me. I stand up dusting off my pants. I look up to be met with eyes baring into my head because of my outrage. I take one last look at everyone and speed off back to the house.

"Veronica!" I hear Carl scream. I stop and turn around to be met with Carl. "You need to understand that he is a dangerous man" he continues "You don't even know him Carl!!" I yell back. "He almost killed my dad" "Blah blah blah your dad is all you ever talk about Carl! What about my dad, he tried saving the world! And what did your dad do? Oh yeah, played officer friendly with officer dipshit over there! That's what he did!"

Carl just stares at me before answering just above a whisper, "Your dad almost killed us all. He locked us in the CDC to be blown up." "The only reason he did that was to save the world." With that I stormed back into the house. Since its getting cold the Greene family is letting us stay in the house. Even when its hot they let me stay because I actually know them.

I grabbed sweat shorts, undergarments, and a 5sos muscle tee. It didn't match but... YOLO! I went into the bathroom that was connected to the room. I shared the room with beth. I closed and locked the door, turned on the water, and stripped off my clothes. I stepped into the nice hot water and cleaned myself. Its been nearly forever since I had a shower and I was up to date.

After finishing up, I put on my clothes followed by brushing my hair. I step out of the steamy room throwing my dirty clothes in the hamper. I go and sit on the windowsill and look out to the beautiful sunset. That would always calm me down when I was mad.

I think back to when I came here as a kid. Riding the horses, running around getting chased by the hen, Ben the hen, beth and I named him from an old TV show we used to watch as kids. I remember baking cookies with Beth's mom and picking flowers out of the garden.

I see the sunset starting to set so I slip into the covers of my bed. I go to turn off the lamp next to the bed when I get disturbed by a knock. Hoping its no Carl, I go and open the doors. Daryl is standing there looking impatient. Once he notices I opened the door, he makes sure nobody is around and looks back down at me saying the words I was hoping for. "If yer want to see yer uncle, meet me at noon by the barn" With that he ruffles my hair, turns around, and walks down the flight of stairs.

I close the doors looking at the time on the clock that was hung on the white wall. "Dinner!" someone calls from downstairs. I rush downstairs and take a seat between Daryl and Lori. I gobble down my food. Saying a quick thank you to Patricia and run back up the stairs quietly shutting the door behind me. I go to my bed looking in the drawers for a pen and paper.

After finding my needs, I take the pen and sloppily write ' If you need me again, wait till morning! -Veronica ' I find tape in another drawer and tape it to the door. Satisfied, I lay back in bed pulling the covers over me (again). I go to turn off the lamp once again getting disturbed by a knock "WHAT!" I yell, clearly angry. "Never mind" Good thing I put the sign there cause guess who it was? I can't exactly hear you but... Carl. Carl is all I can say. I turn off the lamp getting comfortable and drifting off to sleep.

----------------

Hey guys! So I'm just letting you know, since this chapie was long the next one will be a bit shorter!

Vote

Comment

Follow

-Sami<3