Chapter 14

The sound of laughter drove me out of bed as I made my way down the stairs to the kitchen where the whole gang was standing around the island counter along two people who I didn't recognize where standing with them. They were all laughing and alcohol bottles filled the counter top.

One of the boys had caramel skin and light brown eyes, his curly hair tousled on his hair. He had black rimmed glasses on and sported a lot of tattoos on his arm. The other boy was tall but still a few inches shorter than Levi and his long blonde hair cascaded down his shoulders. He had dark blue eyes and wore a white muscle t-shirt with blue jeans.

Isabella, Lucas, and Iris already looked to be drunk and Iris had her arm looped around Levi's but he was too busy looking at the curly haired boy to notice her tugging on him. After observing the scene in front of me I walked further into the room to announce my presence.

Isabella was the first to see me as she made her way over to me and wrapped her arm around my shoulder. "Kara, you camee jusst in time! We were all going to go clubbing tonightt."

"To relieve some of the stress everyone has been having about Jordan--especially Levi." Chase finished for her. "We were about to go and wake you up to come with us."

"Um..I don't know. Last time we went clubbing it didn't go so well." I said, biting on my nails.

Last time we went Levi showed up and got really angry at everyone. Plus it was kind of boring just sitting at the bar the whole time while the girls has fun.

"Oh come on, Kara! It'll be funn! Besides this time, I'm coming so it's gonna be awesssome." Lucas said, laughing as he downed another shot.

Jenna took the the alcohol bottles away and put them in the cabinets. "Okay, that's enough drinking for you guys. We haven't even gotten to the club yet."

I turned to Levi to see Iris's hand still on his arm. I could feel jealously fume in my chest as my breathing got harder and my eyebrows scrunched up. But as soon as my expression appeared, It changed it quickly back to it's original expression. I had no right to be jealous after I just rejected Levi in the diner. It wasn't fair for me to be acting like that.

Levi pulled his arm away from Iris and walked closer to me. I gave him a weird look, like he was a whole different person. "You're okay with going out?" I asked him.

"Yeah, figured I could use a distraction for a while." He said, rubbing the back of his neck.

"From Jordan?"

He chuckled nervously. "Uh, yeah...that's part of it."

I opened my mouth to say something but closed it fast realizing I shouldn't provoke the curiosity that consumed my mind. The two unknown boys approached Levi and I, breaking the awkwardness.

"So this is Kara, huh? Damn, you look even sexier than Levi described." The blonde guy said, earning a slap on the back of the head from Levi.

"Watch that mouth of yours." He said, glaring at the guy.

"You know, Ben you sound like a real douchbag sometimes." The brown-haired guy said.

Levi laughed and put his arm around me, drawing me closer. "Kara, these two idiots are Hunter" He said pointing to the brown-haired guy, waving at me. "And Ben." He gestured to the blonde guy.

"Wonderful to meet you, Kara." Ben took a hold of my right hand and kissed it, his lips lingering a little too long for my liking.

Before I could pull away, Levi ripped me impossibly closer to him and out of Ben's range. "Hey, hands off pal." His eyes scolding him.

I put my hand to his chest to add a little space between us. "Well it's nice to meet you guys. How did you meet Levi?"

"We went to school together. Been friends since 5th grade." Hunter said patting Levi's shoulder.

Do they agree with his decision to be in a gang? Do they know? I mean how couldn't they know if they've been friends for this long. I wanted to ask but thought better of it. Natalia came over to us, "Kara, we were about to leave, do you wanna go and get dressed?"

"Oh yeah, sorry. Give me a minute." I ran up the stairs to the bedroom and began digging thought my dresser for something to wear.

After about 10 minutes of searching, I found a pretty bodycon off the shoulder dress that reached my mid-thigh. It was a cream color with ruffles on the sleeves.

Kara's outfit

I slipped on some heels and grabbed my purse before walking down the stairs in a hurry not to keep everyone waiting

"I'm ready! I'm ready!" I shouted as I tries not to wobble over to the floor.

Everyone standing in the kitchen turns in my direction and I look at Levi too see his mouth slightly open as his eyes scan my outfit. Ben beside him, smirking at me. He sees me looking at him and sends me a wink.

"Girl, you look amazing!" Natalia says, walking over to me and grabbing my hand to drag me to the car. Isabella, Levi, Natalia, Ben and I all got in one car while Jenna, Iris, Hunter, Lucas and Chase got in the other car.

I sat in the back seat with Ben on my left and Levi on my right. Isabella in the passenger seat while Natalia drove us to the club. I felt Ben place his hand on my thigh and rub gently.

Levi was glaring at his hand and took it off my leg, wrapping his arm over my shoulder, anger covering his expression. The rest of the car ride was uncomfortable sitting between both of them. Natalia and Isabella were talking the whole time to fill the silence that would've taken over the car if they didn't.

Natalia pulled the car up in front of the club at the curb and we all got out. A few seconds later the second car approached the noisy club and parked right behind us. The whole group walked into the club immediately because Levi said something to the bouncer.

"Alright let's party!" Isabella said making her way over to the bar while Natalia, Jenna, Lucas, Hunter, and I followed behind her. Natalia and Hunter walking a little behind all of us and whispering to each other.