Chapter 27

It was a week before prom, and I was sitting in the Hunter's kitchen letting Clara eat her lunch while Tessa got ready to head to Boston with Jason for a business function.

"So Ariel, are you going to prom?" Tessa asked me as she stood at the counter, putting her earrings in.

I nodded, "Yeah, I am." I said.

She smiled slyly, "Who are you going with?" She asked.

I smiled and shook my head, "No one specifically. A bunch of us are going as a group. We rented a party bus and are kind of just all each other's dates." I said.

She smiled happily, "I think that's nice. You don't need a date to have a good time. So, do you have a picture of your dress I can see?" She asked, getting giddy.

I smiled, "I'm actually just going to wear the dress I wore to Cassandra's birthday party. It's gorgeous and I'd hate to never wear it again. Plus, I didn't want to buy another one." I said.

A contemplative look came over her face before she smiled, "Come with me." She said.

She began walking towards the exit that led to the staircase, "You can come too princess." She said to Clara who hopped out of her chair and followed the both of us.

She led us up to the third floor, "I have a lot of friends in different fields. The fashion field, specifically, and they always send me some pieces from their newest collection before it's released. I think I have something for you." She said as we walked into one of the guest rooms that wasn't a guest room.

It looked like heaven on Earth. It was a room filled with dresses and shoes galore. It took me a few seconds to pick my jaw up off the floor before I could utter any words, "Oh my God. This is...incredible." I said looking at all of the clothes.

Tessa smiled and walked over to a black garment bag hanging from a hook on the wall, "This was just sent to me by a very close friend. It should be in your size, might just need to be hemmed a bit. It's one of a kind, so no chance for repeats." She said to me with a wink.

I looked at her, "Tessa I can't take this. It was given to you." I said.

She shook her head, "No. You are going to take this. You deserve it." She said before hanging the bag on a rack in the center of the room so it was by itself before unzipping the bag and pulling it off.

Clara and I both gasped as the dress revealed itself.

It was a black gown. It had a high neckline that was sheer with long sleeves. There were several sheer layers and on the top layer, over the entire dress, swirling and geometric designs with black jewels scattered over the dress.

"Oh my God it's absolutely gorgeous." I said looking at it.

She smiled, "Elie sent it to me and I don't have a need to wear it. I want you to wear this to prom." She said.

"Elie Saab? You know Elie Saab?" I exclaimed, at a loss for words.

She smiled, "He's a very close friend." She said.

"Now I really can't accept this." I said with a shake of me head.

"Ariel I want you to wear this to your prom. Think of it as a thank you for everything you've done for this family." She said.

I smiled and shook my head sheepishly, "I'm just doing my job." I said.

"Not just for Clara. For Lucas too. You helped change him for the better. And I know Jason and I both are grateful to you for it." She said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A week later I answered my door to find Maya waiting with her dress, shoes, makeup, and hair supplies all in bags, overflowing in her arms.