{16} VIDEO GAMES RUIN FRIENDSHIPS {16}

"Don't do it, Perce."

"Do what?"

"Shoot it."

"Shoot it?"

"Yeah, that."

"Okay, I'll shoot it."

"Wait, that's not what I - Perseus Jackson!"

"Yes, Annabeth?"

"Why did you do that? You betrayed me!"

I threw my head back and laughed.

"You could have waited until anyone else was in first place, but no. You had to hit me with the blue turtle shell, the most overpowered weapon in the game."

I laughed again, before making Yoshi pop a wheelie and speeding across the finish line.

"I win, you lose! In your face, Wise Girl!"

Annabeth dropped her Wii remote and crossed her arms, leaning back into the couch. "Whatever," she grumbled.

"Oh, come on. I never win, let me celebrate!"

Her plump lips quirked up into a little smile. "Yeah, you are a loser, aren't you?"

I grinned. "But I'm an attractive loser, unlike you right now!"

Annabeth fake gasped, while Bobby and Mathew cheered from the kitchen, where they were helping wash up at Helen's request.

"You're such a bad influence, Seaweed Brain."

"Whoops." I wiggled my eyebrows. "Want to play another round? I know you're dying to beat me again."

She sighed, before nodding vigorously and grabbing her controller.

"Yeah, but we aren't playing the Koopa Cape one this time. I want to do the Delfino Square."

"Yes, Lady Wise Girl. Whatever you say, Lady Wise Girl."

She rolled her eyes, before sitting up and preparing to race again.

After dinner - which was fantastic, by the way - an idea had sparked in my head. I grabbed Annabeth's wrist and dragged her to the living room like a little kid. Then I insisted that we play some Mario Kart, like we used to when we were younger. I think that remembering all of the times we had played Wii games at her house when I was hiding from Gabe convinced her to play more. We were on the final leg of the tournament, and I was currently in first place, while Annabeth was right behind me at second.

Let's just say that that didn't last very long.

Annabeth jumped up, tossing her controller back on the couch before turning to where I was mourning my loss beside her.

"I won! I'm the winner!"

She stuck her tongue out at me and danced ridiculously around the living room, taunting me. I laughed at her, and she rolled her eyes.

Annabeth grabbed my hands and pulled me up from the couch. She then forced me to dance like an idiot with her, making me laugh harder.

"Are you sure you're okay, Wise Girl?" I teased.

"I'm absolutely perfect, Seaweed Brain! I just beat you at Mario Kart!"

A few minutes later, after several long moments of dancing, Annabeth and I found ourselves crashing onto my bed.

"That was exhausting," I pointed out.

"You work out everyday, yet you're that badly out of shape?" Annabeth raised her eyebrow.