Chapter twenty four- A little prouder than when I stepped in

Okay.. Before I start, here's a very big info i want to let out.

   Most scenes in this book are based on a business platform and I am not a business student nor do I have much ideas in that field.

  Hence majority of things written may not be true from a businessman view, the code of conducts and the collaterals, meetings arrangements schedule and what not... They're all how I assume them to be from my imagination.

  To any business critic out there whom I may have slightly offended, I apologize 😁😁

Alright.. Another chapter... Read on.

_______________________________

Hunter's P.O.V.

" Okay, wedding invitation.... Accept " I murmured to myself and checked it in the positive side of the list.

  Maybe I could get tips from here on my own wedding plans.

   About to read the next line when my phone chimed with my ringtone.

  My eyes still scanning over the paper when I picked the cellphone and answered the call.

" Hello?"

" My baby!! It's been so, so long "

Mom.

I can't express how I'm feeling at the moment, it's been almost one whole month since I heard from her.

Okay maybe just three weeks, but I'm complaining.

" Mom... Wow, how have you been?" I closed the book in front of me.

" I'm good my baby, I'm good. What about you?" She asked and her voice is sounding awfully too cheerful.

She's about to ask something.

" I'm alright too. I heard you went to see Love. How's she doing by the way?" I asked of my little sister.

  The last time we spoke to each other she was kinda pissed at me when I told her I was too busy to come visit her.

  I'm sure Mom must have heard about it.

"She's well. But I have something bigger to discuss" She was almost squealing.

  My mom might be a mother to two grownups but she still has that high school cheerleader spirit.

" Ask away " I stood up from my chair and went to the window that had an open view of the tops of New York City.

   The commercial area is flooded with skyscrapers or extremely wide buildings. It almost looked like we were competing for the best office.

" I got your photos from the gala. My my you look amazing in a tux, why don't you wear them often?" Her pride in my looks evident from her sound.

" I don't attend Gala's often " I chuckled into the cell at her request.

" You don't need a gala. Wear them to your office or something "

That desperate?

" I'll think about it, but no promises" My fingers toil with the blinds of the window, rolling it around my pinkie meanwhile she laughs at the other end

" Your Dad wouldn't stop saying how his genes are so good and much nonsense. I honestly don't know how I got to marry a man so cocky " A sigh was heard and I was the one to laugh this time around.

  I knew Dad was dying to see me in a tuxedo but was rearing the pride of a peacock to ask.

Hmmm. Something we both share in common.