CH. 8 It happens

CH. 8 It happens

(Aimee POV)

I don't know why I just said that even though it was true, but why was I telling him this anyway.

Why did he make it feel easy to tell him things?

"What... What kind of douche bag would do something like that? What the hell were you two dating?" He asked me.

I fidget, and I let out a sigh at that question.

Why did I have to open up my mouth and talk about things?

I should have stayed silent.

"It's okay if you don't want to talk about it, especially if it's something that hurts and bothers you." He said.

"Here are your orders." The waiter said, placing the orders in front of us. This time I did notice his staring but said nothing about it. Truthfully I wasn't in the mood or cared too much about his staring.

People stare at me all the time; it was something that I, of course, was used to, although there are particular stares that you should be careful about, which explains my situation right now.

With Anthony.

"I just want to say he was an asshole, a real asshole." He said, looking at me.

I shrugged. "It was a guy I was dating a couple of years ago. I mean, I should have seen that he wasn't truly interested in me, but I guess part of me didn't want to believe that. It took that dinner that we had and him openly flirting with someone he would be interested in for me to realize that he didn't care about me. He was just here for the ride." I said, taking some bites of my food.

I did feel his stare at me, but I didn't show any reaction to it. It happened, and I have come to learn that I shouldn't let things like that hold me down, stop me from trying to find at least whatever love is out there for me.

So I did try, again and again.

I actually started to think that maybe I was the problem.

You know, when you start dating people, and it doesn't work out, leaving you to go into deep thoughts?

Questioning yourself, asking yourself questions that have you thinking that maybe it's you.

It took Lizzie to tell me it wasn't me, that those people just weren't right for me, but I'm sure like other people who go through the same thing. Other people who can relate also have asked themselves. Why do they keep getting hurt? Why do I keep getting hurt?

"Hey, hey, are you okay?" I shook my head, shaking my thoughts away, and looked up to find Anthony staring at me with a concerned expression.

His eye color was so deep, such a beautiful shade of green which made me forget that he asked me a question.

"Aimee." He said.

I blinked, wondering why I let his eyes get to me so much. There are tons of people who are out there with pretty eyes. Get yourself together.

"Yeah, sorry. I was lost in my thoughts, but yes. To answer your question, I'm okay." I said, going back to eating.

This is why I hate letting the small things get to me because if you let something that small get to you, imagine when something big happens.

Imagine the effect it will have.

"Well, it's their loss," Anthony said, causing me to stare at him in a new light. The genuineness tone in his voice was heard.