42-A Huge Mess

I walk into Bucky's apartment with Steve as he looks around, I tighten the mask around my lower part off face, keeping my face mostly hidden. Steve's the one that made me do it, just in case he wants me to escape. Little does he know, I'm not going to leave his side. It's disgustingly sweet and probably not the best idea, but I didn't care.

"It's quaint." I say, looking around, my voice muffled by the mask. Steve grabs a journal off the fridge, flicking through it. I stand next to him looking at over his shoulder.

"Heads up guys. German special forces are in the area." Sam says over the comm links.

"Understood." Steve says as I get the feeling someone's watching us. Steve and I both turn to see Bucky standing there, a little shocked to see us both. "You know me?" Steve asks his old friend. I take off my mask for a moment, not wanting to worry Bucky or make him feel uneasy.

"You're Steve. I read about you in a museum." Bucky says, his eyes going from me to Steve.

"They're in the perimeter." Sam says over the comms. Steve sets down the journal.

"I know you're nervous, you have plenty reason to be. They're lying." Steve tells his friend carefully.

"I wasn't in Vienna. I don't do that anymore." Bucky responds. I nod.

"They're entering the building." I look as Steve, lifting the mask up over my face once more.

"Well the people that think you did are coming here now. They aren't planning on taking you alive." Steve tells Bucky. Bucky looks to the window.

"That's smart. Good strategy." Bucky says.

"They're on the roof. I'm compromised." Bucky and I both look up. I strain my ears enough to hear people coming up the stairs.

"This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck." Steve says as I get ready for a fight.

"It always ends in a fight." Bucky says, fiddling with his gloves. He wasn't wrong. Not even in the slightest.

"Five seconds!"

"You pulled me from the river." Steve asks as Bucky takes off his glove, revealing his metal hand. "Why?"

"I don't know." Bucky says, looking at Steve. I prayed quickly, crossing myself.

"Three seconds."

"Steve." I say, warning the man beside me. He ignores me. I make note of it to bring up later. I crack my knuckles.

"Yes you do." He tells his friend.

"Breach! Breach!" Sam exclaims just as a flash grenade crashes through the window. Bucky kicks it towards Steve, who covers it with his shield. I use my telekinesis to send Bucky's table into the door as he covers himself and I with his mattress to block bullets. Two men come in through the windows and both of the boys take care of them. My hands light on fire as I grab the barrel of a gun of a man who burst in through the back door just as Bucky kicks him.

"Stop! You're going to kill someone!" Steve shouts, grabbing Bucky's arm. Bucky responds by flipping Steve over. I almost kill Bucky as he rams his metal hand into the floor by Steve's head, pulling something out of the floorboards.

"I'm not going to kill anyone." Bucky says as he pulls out a backpack, putting it on.

"Bucky, please let us help." I tell him, standing closer to him. He looks at me and throws his backpack out the window. A man comes in and begins fire bullets at us. Steve covers us with his shield. Bucky pushes Steve towards a new man that's coming in and pushes me back behind him. He makes his way to other man, his hand extending in front of him to block the bullets. I move past him as grab the man that's going to grab Bucky next, slamming him into the wall. Gunshots go off and I burn through the table just as Bucky moves past me to punch through the door. He slams the door into two men as I take care of the onslaught of armed men coming up the stairs. We work off each other as I use my flaming hands to burn the soldiers as they come up, pushing them down the stairs with a large fireball. I fly down as Bucky uses a hanging man to get further down the stairs. Steve jumps down beside me.