4. Group hug

Trevor's POV-

"That's absolutely ridiculous!" I heard my mom yell.

I sighed and let my head fall onto the table. My parents fighting was nothing new.

"I think that Chinese is a great option." My father argued back.

"Do you see how much money is in there?" My mom pointed to the jar.

"Sam we can use the money for other things, I don't know maybe put it towards our sons college?" My dad suggested.

"It's tradition, the money goes to our date."

My mom was stubborn, I knew that she wasn't going to budge. I could see my dad about to crack, he always did.

"This is a new one." He finally caved.

"What?" My mom looked confused.

"Arguing over how to use the money in our fight jar." My dad laughed.

My parents had a fight jar. After every argument they both put five dollars into the jar. At the beginning of every month they used that money to go out just the two of them.

"Are y'all done now? I think this jar is about to get a little more full." I held out the jar to my parents.

They both looked at each other before pulled out their wallets and depositing a bill into the jar.

"We still need to decide where we are going." My dad said.

"If you say Chinese I will kick you out of this house Weston." My mom gave my father a stern look.

"I don't know how I ever thought we'd have a nice and easy marriage." My dad laughed and wrapped his arms around my mom.

I couldn't help but smile at them. They bickered and fought but they loved each other.

"The diner?" My mom asked my dad.

"The diner is perfect." My dad smiled and gave her a quick peck on the lips.

"Your child is in the room." I pretended to be grossed out.

"Do you want some love too?" My mom asked and detached from my father and came barreling towards me.

"No." I shook my head but it was too late my mom had captured me in an inescapable bear hug.

"Group hug." My dad yelled before joining in.

"I need new parents." I muttered and pushed my way out.

My parents laughed.

I was lying, I loved my parents. They way my dad still looks at my mom after fifteen years of marriage is amazing. I want that, I want to find someone that is still the light of my life after over a decade of being together.

"Trevor we are leaving!" My mom yelled.

"Don't get into too much trouble while we are gone." My dad added.

"Bye!" I called out from my room.

I liked the days my parents went out. I had some peace and quiet for one night. I didn't have to go to any parties or listen to my parents bicker or laugh all night. It was just a quiet night with my own thoughts.

My night was quickly ruined when there was loud knocking at my door.

I opened it to see Ms. Connors with a frantic look in her eyes.

Where was Zach? That was the first thing that came to mind. The second thing was how the hell I was going to handle this on my own.

"Ms. Connors I think we should get you back to your apartment." I said and tried to led her back to her own door.

"Where is Zachary?" She called out.

"He'll be back soon don't worry." I tried to calm her.

"He's not with you?" She panicked.

"No but I'll call him." I offered.

"They have him, I know it. They finally got him." She cried.

"No Ms. Connors Zach is fine." I assured her.

"They have been listening I can sense it. I tried to find the bug but it's too quick." She rambled on.

"How about I help you look for it?" I didn't know what to do.

"They might get you too." She shook her head repeatedly.

"Come on I'll help you." I finally got her to go back to her apartment and when I stepped through the door I was stunned.

The place had been trashed. Cushions ripped off of the couch, the pots and pans covered the floor of the kitchen.

"I was just trying to find the bug." She mumbled.

I pulled my phone out of my pocket and dialed Zach. He knew what to do in these situations.

Zach arrive within minutes of the call. He walked in with grocery bags in his hands.

"I just needed to get us some food." He sighed when he looked around the apartment.

"She was looking for you." I told him and took the bags out of his hands.

I watched as Zach went up to his mom and tried to calm her down. I wanted to help but I didn't know how to bring someone back to reality.

Once Zach got her calmed down and in her room, he collapsed on the couch next to me. I had tried to clean the place up the best I could but there were things still spread out across the floor.

"She hasn't been taking her meds." Zach said.

"How long?" I asked.

"I don't know, I saw her spit her pill out this morning but I don't know how long she's been doing that."

I felt bad for Zach, he had so much on his plate and he didn't deserve any of it.

"Do you know what you're going to do?"

"No, I've been trying to take care of her but when she freaks out or has an episode I can only do so much. Maybe it's not enough." He ranted.

"I don't want to commit her to some facility. She's all I got Trevor but I don't know how I'm supposed to do this on my own." He continued.

"If you decide that she needs to go somewhere to get the proper help you know my mom and dad would take you in without hesitation." I assured him.

Zach spent most holidays with us and is basically part of the family. My parents wouldn't even think twice about giving him a place to stay.

"Yeah I know." He nodded.

A/n-

Today is my first day of classes. I don't know how I feel about it but it will be nice to get back into a routine.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter. I will be doing more chapters in Trevor's point of view in the future so I hope you enjoy.

Comment and vote.

-cora Leigh