Chapter 39

Merry Christmas Blinks !!!!🍾🎄❤️ I hope you guys will spend a happy Christmas with your loved ones! This chapter is my present to you! 💕🥰

•••

Jennie was sitting by Jisoo's bedside the next morning. Her hand was holding onto the older girl's as she spoke to her.

Jennie: Hey Chu~ How are you? It's a beautiful day today... it's also snowing now. You love it when it snows... Won't you wake up to watch the snow fall with me?

Jennie waited for any movement to come from the older girl, but she was once again met with disappointment.

Jennie: I-I finished reading your journals... And, I also found the chest...

Jennie reaches into her pocket and pulls out the velvet box. Opening the lid, she holds the ring up towards Jisoo's face.

Jennie: This ring, is the ring that you were planning to propose to me with... right?

Jennie takes the ring out of the box and carefully places it in Jisoo's open palm. She then clasps the older girl's hand together with the ring inside, and gives it a gentle kiss.

Jennie: Even though we're married now, I'm still gonna wait for that proposal you planned Jisoo... So you better hurry and wake up. I promise I'll wait for you... no matter how long it takes... Just... remember to wake up okay?

Jennie held her breath as she anticipated for a response. However there was nothing.

Jennie: It's been 10 days Jisoo-yah... Won't you open your eyes and look at me?

The younger girl leans over and laid her head down onto the bed.

Jennie: It's getting lonely without you around the house... The bed feels empty without you by my side... I'm sorry I hurt you...I'm sorry I didn't listen to you... for not letting you explain...I'm hurting so much Jisoo... It hurts me, knowing that you're lying here because of me... I hate myself for being so useless, for being so blind... If I had only noticed sooner, we wouldn't be where we are now... you wouldn't be hurt like this...

Jennie lifts her head up as she gazes softly at Jisoo's face.

Jennie: How could you ever forgive me for what I've done... I've hurt you so much...

Jennie releases a shaky breath as she tries to hold in her tears. She rises from her seat before bending down to kiss Jisoo's forehead. She stares at the older girl's face a bit more, and brushes the stray strands of hair away from her face.

Releasing a sigh, Jennie made her way outside the room.

•••

As Jennie was about to open the door to her car, she suddenly remembers that she had left the ring in Jisoo's hand. Cursing to herself, she turns around and rushes back towards the older girl's room.

When Jennie had opened the door to the room, she was thrown into a panicked frenzy for Jisoo was nowhere in sight. She rushes outside and glances around, not spotting the older girl anywhere.

Jennie made her way towards the nurse's station.

Jennie: Excuse me, but have you seen Miss Kim Jisoo?! She was still in the room 5 minutes ago, but when I came back she was gone!

Nurse: Okay Miss, please calm down. I'll--

Jennie: Calm down?! My wife who has been in a coma for the past 10 days, is now missing! And you want me to calm down?!