31 | A Perfect Fit

Semaj's POV

My feet were aching and my lower back was on ten when I was clocking out from work. I'd been lucky enough to get a call the morning after Michael's bar fight for an interview at target where they hired me on the spot and honestly I was grateful because nor Michael or I knew the direction his job at the organization was going to go. They had temporarily relieved him until after his arraignment which was two days from now, so Michael had been using that 'free time' to work alongside Joseph.

But I knew he really didn't want to take over Joseph's construction company even if it had become a multimillion dollar company. While I was looking at the money aspect of it Michael was more so focused on whether or not he'd be happy running a company for the rest of his life. But he had a little time to think about it (that is if the organization decided to take him back), but I knew Michael would rather chose to work with underprivileged kids than working a regular office job.

Either way, whatever he did I'd be happy and happy for him.

I stood outside, leaning against one of the red polls in front of the sliding doors. One earphone was in my ear and the other hung around my neck my 90s old school playlist on shuffle. Rude Boys Written All Over Your Face started and I hummed to the song, waiting for Michael to come and pick me up.

Three songs later and he still hadn't showed. I sighed and pulled out my phone to call him, seeing that he never opened the message that I'd sent him thirty minutes before I got off. I was originally supposed to get off at ten, but my manager had asked me to stay a little later and I needed the extra money so I agreed. And I texted Michael to tell him I'd be staying later and that I'd text him when I knew what time I was going to be getting off.

I called him and it rang and rang until going to voicemail. I hung up and tried again, but still no answer. I rolled my eyes so badly wanting to leave him a very detailed message for making me get on the bus with aching feet and a sore back, but I didn't. Instead I sent a text message telling him that I was going to get on the bus.

Lina called me right as I sent it, so I picked up. "No I don't care if it is a Friday night I'm not going to a party with you."

She blew raspberry, "that ain't what I was even callin you for."

"Good. You should be all partied out anyway," I added on as I crossed through targets large parking lot. "Anyway, what's up Lina?"

"Just seein' how my favorite cousin is doing..."

I kissed my teeth. "What is it Lina?"

"Can we come over?"

"Who is we?"

"Me, Tucker, and Amaris and Kelly because they're visiting us for the weekend."

I laughed, "you have seriously lost it. Firstly, I've been at work since two o'clock this afternoon so I'm a little irritated. Secondly, I haven't eaten all day because all I had was two dollars to my name and thirdly, Michael doesn't care for Tucker and he doesn't know who Amaris and Kelly are so he's not going to be too happy with strangers coming to his place."

"But you know Amaris and Kelly and he trusts you."

"Barely. They're your cousins. I just met them when we went to North Carolina and the only one that was the least bit nice was Amaris. So, I don't know about that."

"Aw, c'mon Maj. My parents are having a date night and a date night means sex and everybody don't need to be hearin' all of that. Please, please, please? I promise to bring you some snacks."