44-On The Run

I got my own cell beside Sam and Wanda. All of us were dressed in blue prison jumpsuits. The only difference is I was pumped full of something that wouldn't let me call any flame to my fingers. I was practically comatose. The first new face we all saw was Tony. I sat up when he walked in. Clint started clapping.

"The futurist, ladies and gentlemen! The futurist is here!" Clint calls out, "He sees all! He knows whats best for you, whether you like it or not."

"Give me a break, Barton." Tony says. I don't strain my ears to hear the rest. Instead I down on my bed, looking at the ceiling. I don't sit up again until my brother is standing in front of my cell. I sit up and look at him.

"So is it just Rogers or did you get it hyphenated?" Tony asks. His arm was in a sling, his eye all bruised.

"Hyphenated. How's Rhodey?" I ask, leaning back onto my hands.

"He's alive. Pey, look-" I shake my head, cutting him off.

"This what was always going happen, Anthony, with the Accords. You knew this and you still signed. Tell me, was it worth losing me?" I ask him, tilting my head slightly. Tony looks hurt and he doesn't know what to say. I get up and walk over to him, "Did I get pissed at you for what Ultron did to me? Technically speaking, if your fault my baby died and your fault I can't have anymore kids."

"No, you never got mad at me." He responds solemnly.

"And I never will. So don't give me another reason to be mad at you. And when you see him, tell him that I'm okay." I tell my brother before moving back to my bed. Tony nods, looking at his feet and walks off. In my heart, I know it's going to be the last time I see my brother in long time. The emotions I've kept deep down this past week or so-my grief, anger, sadness, and hidden happiness comes out all at once. Apparently whatever they gave me wasn't strong enough because when I let out a raw scream, my telekinesis made the furniture that was bolted down fly against the walls. They have to knock me out and I come to once more, I'm in a straight jacket.

-

For the next-well I don't know exactly how long it was-all I do is pick at my food, argue with the guards and Ross and pray that Steve is okay. Can't do much more than that. Guards are always on patrol. It's a weird blur. Nothing new happens. I can't do much since I'm drained emotionally and physically. I just lay there.

That is, until a familiar man walks into wing. I quickly stand, I think we all do, as he walks out of the darkness. He smiles and I feel tears come out of my eyes as he takes off a set of dog tags that have a gold ring also hanging from the same chain. Steve frees us from our cells and as soon as I'm free, I run into his arms. Steve rips off my straight jacket as Clint and Sam help Wanda out of hers. He holds me close as I cry happy tears, glad to see him alive, glad he got me out.

"Hey doll. Glad to see you too." Steve murmurs as he buries his face into my neck. I laugh an ugly sob like laugh and hold onto him tighter. I can feel his tears against my skin.

"I missed you so much. God have I missed you." I say softly, pressing kisses into his cheek and neck. I squeezed my eyes shut and just held onto him as long as I could. I didn't want to be away from him again.

-

"You sure about this?" Steve asks as we walk up to Bucky. He's hooked up to an IV and he looks the cleanest I've ever seen him, wearing a white tank top and matching white pants. Very clean.

"I can't trust my own mind. So until they figure out how to get this stuff out of my head, I think going back under is the best thing. For everybody. And besides, you got little miss spitfire to keep you company." Bucky says with a smile. I smile back brunette man, walking over and giving him a hug. He laughs, "You take care of him."