Best Summer Ever ♛

Farrah's POV

Farrah's POV

Jackson and I stood over Max as we watched him twitch and sing in his sleep. Never having seen someone dream so intensely, both of us struggled to contain our laughter.

"Best summer ever!" He sang, finishing his song.

"Max, wake up." Jackson said, tapping him

"Wha.." He groaned, slowly opening his eyes

"You're having a dream." I laughed, smiling at the young boy

"Aw. You mean, it's not the first day of summer?" He asked

"No. It is." Jackson said

"In that case Best Summer Ever" Max sang.

We just stared at him, and slowly backed out of the room.

We caught up with Ramona in the hallway, and made our way down the stairs. Full of excitement for the first day of summer.

I carried my backpack, holding all of the material I needed to be the teaching assistant for the summer school teacher.

May sound lame, but it'll look good on my college application.

"If you need me, I'll be on the couch for the next three months." Jackson cheered

"Yeah. About that. Hold up." Dj said, stopping the boy in his fast path

I followed them into the living room, heading for the front door so I could be a few minutes early.

"Just call me Chillaxin Jackson." Jackson insisted

"Absolutely not." I refused, leaning against the door as I wanted to see the situation play out

He ignored my rebuttal and slouched on the couch, resting his feet on the coffee table.

"You and I need to talk, and it's a little bit awkward." Dj said

"Mom, I know where babies come from." He said, making me roll my eyes

"It's about what happened last school year." She continued, ignoring his previous statement 

"About how I crushed it?" He asked, throwing his hands up

"Quite the opposite." I laughed, moving from the door and taking the spot next to him.

"Well a D minus in history is not exactly crushing it." Dj agreed, "Which is why I've decided to send you to summer school."

My eyes widened, knowing I'd be stuck with him all summer in a place where I was supposed to behave somewhat professionally.

"Summer school? Mom you can't be serious. I'm gonna be hanging out with Lola all summer." Jackson said, jumping up, "I don't even know how to process this."