.:Chapter Fifteen:.

'The city's ours until the fall'

Lucius is the first to remember how to speak and the dreadful smirk that spreads across his face is so sickening it has Severus' stomach in his throat. His voice is as smooth as always when he addresses the brunet, "I'm unsure of who you are, sir, but only family and significant others can take the beating in another's place".

Not missing a beat Cercius runs his tongue over his bottom lip, "My name is Cercius David Cartwright the Heir of Fawley, and for the past ten days, thirteen hours, and," he glances briefly to the clock behind the counter, "46 minutes I have been courting Severus Snape".

The surprise is evident over both Lucius and Severus' features but he only continues talking, "And before you so rudely interrupted I was about to confess it formally, so I assure you that I am perfectly fitting to take my intended's place".

A cruel maliciousness glimmers across the Malfoy Heir's eyes as he reaches forward to seize each of their shoulders, "How romantic of you, and how utterly stupid".

With a crack of apparation they and several others within the establishment disappear. They land in a clearing with a circle of young and old people standing around them and Cercius is thrown down to the ground violently in the middle of them all as Severus is held back with his head forcefully angles to watch. Tears are slipping down the ravenet's face and he can hear himself yelling pleas for them to not do it but he doesn't even feel them leaving his lips.

Malfoy presses his mouth to the teen's ear and with a voice as smooth as silk he whispers, "He's volunteered himself," before he addresses the crowd with a sharp, loud 'begin!'

And the curse, Hexes, and Jinxes fly from a dozen wands at a time. The oceanic eyed boy writhes and bleeds and trembles but he doesn't scream or beg for mercy. This angers a many of them. Severus is both afraid for the other teen and scared of him because he is under at least six different Cruciatus spells, not uttering a sound of pain or a plea for mercy.

Finally when it seems like Cercius has bent in all the inhumane ways possible and completely drained of blood Lucius calls a stop. He releases the teen and several cracks of disapperation sound in Severus' ears as he stumbles forward and falls to his knees at the broken man's side. Because who can be only a boy after this?

The brunet is trembling and breathing heavily through the aftershocks of the curses but he moves his blood stained hand to grasp the pale one within his reach, "My Wand, please Sev," his voice is strained and course.

Snatching the chestnut stick from the other male's boot he shoves it into his free shaking hand. The Slytherin watches obviously practiced spells as they leave the wand and begin to mend the jewel eyed boy's body and he laughs humorlessly, "What kind of imbecile are you?"

Cercius chuckles breathlessly, "The kind of imbecile that has learned to survive a few unforgivables in his time, are you alright?" He sits up still trembling and he's covered in his blood but he's not bleeding.

"Shouldn't I be asking you that?" Severus asks and he realizes he still hasn't stopped crying yet.

The smaller teen's lips quirk into a smile, "You don't survive a grandma like mine without knowing how to patch up spell-work, my friend".

Lucius Malfoy Portrayed by Harry Lloyd.