Chapter 5: Hustle

#986
Every time I read a love story, there is none I'd rather so desperately wish to see complete than my brother Aman's and my best friend Rose's.
It's a match too perfect.
Alas, life happened to them as well.

~ Aavya, when she heard about their break-up.

❋❋❋

" It's beautiful..." With a quick kiss on the cheek, an 18-year-old Aman sat beside a 16 and half-year-old Rose. They were sitting beneath their favourite cherry blossom tree which was on the far end of their school ground, in at most isolation.

" I know." She smiled as she flipped through her sketchbook.

" I can't wait to buy our house."

" I can't wait to design it." Both were equally ambitious and so in love.

" But, who says I'm marrying you, Aman..." She closed her book and moved closer towards him.

" And who says you're not." He moved closer, just inches away from her face.

" I'm... " She punched lightly in his stomach and was about to get away but he pulled her towards him.

They fell on the ground surrounded by the cherry blossom flowers all in laughs. Sometimes they understood each other so well that even the words felt as if they were taking too much space.

" I love you, Rosie. " He whispered in her ears, sending light shivers down her spine. It was amazing how every time he whispered sweet nothings in her ears she felt numb with ecstasy.

" I love you too..."

With a loud THUD, Rose closed her sketchbook trying hard to shun those memories away, erase them, make them vanish but alas, it wasn't easy. It never will be. That book was their dream. A dream they had woven together and had promised to fulfil together.

A lovely house of their own.

Rose was in her room staring blankly at her incomplete blueprints yet lost in memories that didn't have any significance now. They had lost their substance long back. They were meaningless. Thea and Aman occupied her mind. She couldn't forget how intimate and happy they were together.

Agony filled her heart, she wanted to punch Aman in his face and on the other hand she was furious at herself for anticipating so much from a person like him. For waiting forever.

She took the sketchbook in her hand and pulled her hand forcefully behind to throw it away in the bin, but she stopped mid-way. She couldn't do it. And this misery made her feel weak and broken.

" Throw it for once, but you can't. Keep it forever, for you must." She heard a familiar voice right behind her.

Fighting tears she turned.

" Daddy..." She was strong enough not to break soon.

" Honey, I know it's been difficult for you. But, destroying it won't help. It's your hard work. It is something you cherish with all your heart. " He was correct.

She took his daughter's hand and both of them sat on her bed.

" Daddy... I-I..." She stopped. She wanted to cry. Her heart ached.

" You're a strong girl. Things didn't happen how you thought they would. It will be alright. Don't worry, it will work out. It did for me, it will for you as well." For the first time, she felt as if her Daddy was lying.

" It's not. I-I still love him. He doesn't. I w-waited, but he was long gone. " Her speech was stuttering.

" Your mom and me... " He started.