𝐍𝐄𝐖 𝐑𝐄𝐋𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒𝐇𝐈𝐏𝐒

𝐓𝐀𝐋𝐄𝐍𝐓

You walked back to the main course building, waving goodbye to Hinata and Nanami, the latter still focused on Gala Omega as she waved goodbye. She was probably going to be late to her class. The bell hadn't rung yet, so you walked a little slower, heart heavy. For some reason, seeing how Hinata had focused on watching Nanami play her game and the fact she was so good, upset you in a strange, but not unfamiliar way. You never were able to show off your talents.

Fujimoto was a figure skater. Maeda a paranormal investigator. Akagawa (who you had a terrible interaction with when you had mistaken him for a girl) was an abnormally amazing liar. Ishikawa an instrumentalist, Kazuki a cosmetologist, Kato a volleyball player, Airi a criminal psychologist, Akihiko a doll maker, Gen a puppeteer, Hachimitsu a clock maker, Ruruka a confectioner, Seiko a pharmacist, Sonosuke a blacksmith. Everyone had a talent they could actually show off. Everyone except for you and Maki, the SHSL lucky student. You guys had momentarily bonded over that source of insecurity, but it was all you really had in common. He was a generally dry person, so your "friendship" never went past that one moment.

At some point while your thoughts had spiraled, the bell had gone off and you had already made it to the classroom. Once more, you push those dark thoughts to the very back of your head and walk in. The class filled up not long after. Airi turned to you as she sat down.

"Do you think Mr. Himura's gonna be on time today?"

Fujimoto walked in behind Maeda, sitting on his desk. "Is he ever on time?"

Airi looked down in defeat and you smiled. "I suppose not..."

𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐍𝐒𝐅𝐄𝐑

Within roughly 24 hours, you had successfully pushed your talent insecurities to the very dark corners of you mind. No late night crying or anything, so you definitely filed it as a win in your books.

"I hear we're getting a transfer student!" Airi skipped alongside you, Fujimoto, Akihiko, and Hachimitsu early that morning.

Hachimitsu brightened at this. "Oh? Did you see what they look like?"

"Sadly, no. It's just what I've been hearing."

"And who exactly did you hear this from?" Fujimoto questioned.

Airi hesitated before providing her answer. "Kyo Akagawa." This pulled a groan from all of you.

"Airi, he's a major liar. The best, in fact. He's didn't get the title of SHSL liar for nothing." She pouted at your response.

"He'd never lie to me." You sighed as Akihiko patted her shoulder.

"Lets just... give him the benefit of the doubt, alright guys?" Akihiko suggested. "Who knows, maybe Akagawa was telling the truth!"

"For once." Fujimoto mumbled under his breath, earning a glare from Airi.

"You'll see!" Airi pointed her finger in Fujimoto's direction "The transfer student will be there and you'll eat your words!"

"I hope for a snack, because I'm starving." He smirked as Airi started wildly waving her arms at him, trying to get him to believe her. The entirety of the walk into the main course building was spent with Hachimitsu and Akihiko trying to calm down Airi and you trying to get Fujimoto to just... not respond like a smart ass.

By the time you three had accomplished that and had gotten Airi and Fujimoto to form a truce for five minutes, you had already reached the door to the classroom. You opened it, expecting there to be a new student, but, sadly, that was not the case.