43 ~ I hope you guys can do that

You walked towards the entrance of Hogwarts. Half a shield was already formed around it. Everyone was there already? You made your way inside and looked around. Everyone was making preparations for the big fight.

'Y/N!'

You looked up and saw Hermione, Ron and Harry. Hermione ran down the stairs and hugged you right away. You hugged her back. You couldn't even explain how happy you were that they were all okay.

'Thank God you're alive.' She said.

'I'm glad to see you guys.'

She let you go.

'She couldn't stop worrying about you.' Ron said before hugging you too.

You then gave Harry a hug.

'Good to see our golden boy alive.' You smiled.

Hermione grabbed your arm and looked at it. Your cuts were still visible.

'Liar?' Hermione asked.

'We got captured by death eaters and were held in the Malfoy manor. Bellatrix tortured me.' You said.

Hermione pulled her sleeve up. Mudblood was carved into her skin.

'That makes two of us.'

'Where is everyone?' Your father asked.

'They're preparing the castle. I heard they needed some help outside.' Ron said.

'I'll go. Y/N, stay safe, okay? I'll see you later.'

He hugged you before walking away.

'Where's your mother?' Harry asked.

You swallowed as you thought back to what happened.

'Well.. while escaping the manor, Lucius killed her.' You just said.

They all seemed shocked. Hermione laid a hand on your upper arm.

'I'm fine. Don't worry.' You said. 'I'm here to fight for her. Mum wouldn't want us to just sit still.'

Hermione smiled at you.

'Did you see him?' Harry asked. 'Draco.'

'I did. He gave us our wands so we could escape. I actually saw him a couple of times. It was really good to see him.'

'So you two are still good?' Hermione asked.

You nodded with a smile.

'We saw him too.' Harry said. 'Draco. Hermione cursed me with a stinging jinx before we walked inside. He knew it was me and he didn't tell anyone.'

It made you happy to hear that Draco protected Harry. You knew he had a good side inside of him. He was good.

'I think you owe him big-time.' You grinned.

If Draco would have said that Harry was there.. he'd probably be dead now. You knew that he was probably coming to the castle too. The closer the time came for him to make a session, the more nervous you became.

'I don't know why he didn't say anything. He hates me.'

'I think you're wrong. I don't think he hates you.' You said. 'I think that he misses his chance of becoming friends with you. Who knows, maybe he could have been here with you if he would have become your friend.'

'Is that really what you think?' Harry asked.

'I think Y/N has a point. I mean.. Draco is showing signs that he doesn't want to be on the dark side. He couldn't kill Dumbledore, he freed Y/N and her parents, he didn't say that it was You.'

'He was being a git to Ron to begin with!'

'He wasn't possible the chosen one.' You said. 'Maybe Draco did see it as a chance to better his life.'

'Or take Harry with him to the dark side.' Ron said.

Of course, they thought about that. You had no idea what Draco was thinking but if you'd both get out alive, you wanna ask.

'Let's stop talking about this.' Hermione said. 'Harry, weren't you going to ask Rowena about the diadem?'

'You're right, I'll be right back.'

Harry ran off.

'Diadem?' You asked.

'It's a horcrux. We've been destroying them. We've almost got all of them.' Hermione said.

'That's amazing!' You smiled.

Destroying those was a step closer to stopping him. It was great to know that it was almost done. After that, it would be just him.. just an old wizard fighting for his life.

'I'll go help my dad. I'll see you guys in a bit.'

You hurried outside. You saw your dad standing outside. The big shield was now surrounding Hogwarts entirely. You stopped next to him.

'It's going to be dangerous from now on.' Your dad said.

Your father was getting all sentimental but you got that. You smiled at him and felt a bit sentimental too. Maybe it was the night sky or whatever was going to happen. You didn't know.

'We've got mum watching over us.' You said while looking up at the sky.

Your father looked at you. You smiled and hugged him. You hoped that you could do that again in your life. Losing your father wasn't really something you wanted to think about.

'I love you, dad. Thank you for being here for me.'

'I always will be. You know that.' Your dad said while hugging you back. 'Besides, I promised your mother.'

You grinned and let him go. You both looked up at the sky. You wondered if she could see you. If she was really there.

'I'm okay with it.'

'With what?' You asked.

'You and Draco. His father might be a dick.. but I believe you when you say that he doesn't have a choice. Back there in the manor he showed you that he really cares about you. So I'm okay with it.'

You smiled. That was all you wanted to hear. People being okay with it. Definitely your father now. He'd be the one dealing with you too.

'Thank you, dad. That makes me very happy. I hope you and Draco can get to know each other better someday.'

'I'll take him out for some butterbear after all of this.' Your father smiled.

'That sounds fun. I hope you guys can do that.'

'Of course we can. It's a promise to you.'