Chapter Twenty Five

M E A N I N G F U L
M I S T A K E S
Chapter Twenty Five

Even after using all the air in my lungs, I can breathe incredibly clearly

Even after using all the air in my lungs, I can breathe incredibly clearly. Cheerleading was my break from reality- my escape from the world.

Being able to perform again with the girls was exhilarating. My body had loosened, and my mind feels clear. My headache and slight pain from my stitches doesn't mean a thing to me now. All that matters is how good I feel.

"That was awesome!" William exclaims for the thousandth time. "I'm mad at you for not telling me, but I'll so glad you didn't cause that was one hell of a surprise."

"Henderson! On the court now!" Coach booms from across the gym when the two teams get back in position. William had made the terrible decision to run off the court when he wasn't suppose to to hug me.

He runs back onto the court and the game starts again immediately. Coach wasn't pleased about it. He cared more about his team being ready than William getting the chance to tackle me in a hug.

"We killed it!" Becky jumps onto me suddenly and throws her arms around my neck almost the same way my best friend had.

"That was the best performance all year." Ava gushes as the rest of the team dive into another group hug to celebrate our first performance back together. I have missed this so much.

"Girls, I'm going to have to ask you to move off the side of the court." One of the staff members from Kingscross tells us with boredom laced in her tone- interrupting my teams group hug without apology.

"Sorry." Becky mutters and we collectively make our way back to the bleachers. "Did anyone see lover boy during the performance?" The brunette girl wiggles her eyebrows.

Apparently news of my very new relationship had traveled quickly from the moment I was picked up and carried on the bus. I was back on the Lacewood rumour mill- this time for something good rather than bad.

"You mean Hunter?" I asks and a few of the girls make teasing noises at me for it.

Becky grins and pokes my side. "That boy didn't know what to do with himself when he saw you." Gosh, I remember his smile.

I take my eyes away from her to watch Hunter as he swiftly passes the ball to one of the boys on his team.

I sigh. "I feel like I'm going to wake up and it'll all be a dream. How does someone like Hunter Kings even like me?"

She laughs. "Very easily, Lolita. I think he is the one who should be feeling like he's in a dream. You two are a perfect balance of one another."

I bite on my bottom lip while I watch him play. Even when I am sitting over here away from him- I feel nervous, but in the best way possible.

All attention from the Lacewood crowd grows louder when William intercepts the ball from Kingscross and glides down the court- his movements graceful and seamless.