¹⁴, A MORTAL KOMBAT REUNION

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍. . . 𝘈 𝘔𝘰𝘳𝘵𝘢𝘭 𝘒𝘰𝘮𝘣𝘢𝘵 𝘙𝘦𝘶𝘯𝘪𝘰𝘯
❝ Bite me. ❞

  LORELAI GILMORE WAS baffled when she gave Charlie the option of spending the holidays with Chris but was met with a question of if she could stay with her grandparents. The woman explained her grandfather had retired and the couple wasn't on the best of terms, but Charlie seemed very determined to ask her grandmother.

  Lorelai, despite not liking the idea of being alone on Christmas (not that Rory had decided whether or not to spend the holiday with Chris), plastered on a smile and told Charlie to call Emily. Of course, the woman was just as shocked as her daughter, and requested Charlie came over to chat about it.

  Which is how the girl ended up in the sitting room with her grandparents on a Wednesday afternoon.

  "You want to spend Christmas with us?" 

  It was the one and only time Charlie had seen her grandparents shocked, as they'd never been fazed by any stunt she pulled— it seemed her mother had a bit more rebellion in her spirit than Charlie did.

  "What about your mother?" Emily questioned.

  "She won't be alone," Charlie frowned, "Rory will probably stay, and she has all of Stars Hollow."

  "And you'd like to—"

  "I don't want to be in Stars Hollow," Charlie cut her grandfather off, "I absolutely do not want to spend Christmas with Chris, and I've never been particularly close with you guys and I'd really like to fix that."

  ". . . We'd love to have you for Christmas."

  Charlie Gilmore had a bit too much confidence knowing that she'd spend her entire holiday break away from Stars Hollow and decided finally to take on the most daunting house in the entire town.

  "Charlie! It's great to see you," Maryl Montgomery smiled, opening the front door of the house to the girl, "Liam's just in his room— my God, girl, it has been too long!"

  "I know, I'm sorry," Charlie laughed, "I've been really busy— but, I promise, I won't go M.I.A. again."

  "Wonderful," She smiled, ushering the girl inside, "Liam! Charlie is here, be hospitable or I won't see her again for another 2 months!"

  Charlie smiled, pulling off her jacket and hanging it on the coat rack as Liam hurriedly ran down the stairs.

  He was too attractive for his own good. Even without gel in his hair, even without his stupid letterman jacket, even with that slightly too big sweatshirt swallowing his frame, he was too attractive.