Chapter Eighteen

Bendy's POV

'You're dangerous, Bendy... your creators made you for something... and I can tell you now it wasn't for children's entertainment... I know all you've ever wanted was to make folks happy, but...

You just might kill them in the process...'

I didn't want to cry. I wanted to smile. I wanted to smile, and laugh, and joke like I was supposed to; like the lil' devil darling I was supposed to be; like I was meant to be...

But all I could do was cry and run away...

I had panicked so much when I went running, that I forgot about all the people working. I was melting too much to turn back into the form of a boy, so I rushed to the nearest storm drain and melted my way into the crack, hoping I wasn't spotted. I plopped into the tunnels, landing hard enough to make my artificial organs shake.

I would've gone to look for Jim, or Mulan, or Tiana, but I just couldn't... I sat against the wall, trying to steady my breathing as I did my best to get ahold of my form, but my ink continued to run; I was almost a puddle. I stared at my shaking hands as I breathed, large tears starting to fall down my face and splash on the ground. I gave in to my emotions and balled up as I began to loudly cry...

For a minute, I felt just like I did in the studio... scared, in pain, and upset; so hopeless that all I could do was cry like a child...

"So sad isn't it...?"

My head snapped up upon hearing a deep male voice.

"All he wants is to make people happy... and they just won't let him..."

"Wh-Who's there?!" I yelled at the dark.

"Don't be afraid, darlin' I won't cause you anymore harm,"

From the shadows Dr. Facilier emerged with a large grin and his hands out. I remember what Tiana said about this guy. I rubbed my eyes and turned away.

"I-I'm not supposed to accept anything from you..." I said.

"I only want a moment of your time!" he was on a knee beside me is seconds. "Mr. Mouse went and hurt your feelings didn't he?"

I sniffled as I rubbed away another tear; more ink fell down my head, covering my face.

"He said I was dangerous... I-I'm not dangerous! I'M NOT!" I hit the ground out of frustration.

"That mouse has gone and said rude things about all of us. Don't feel bad, now, dry that face,"

I rubbed the ink away from my face the best I could, attempting to fix my form at the same time. I only managed to get a little back in shape; ink still dripped from me.

"I was so happy to see him too... I thought... he'd help my pals and I get back on our feet... and we'd make people happy again..."

"Well, I can do that no problem!"

"Can you really...?" I was skeptical but, at the same time, curious.

"Why of course! I just need one thing from you!" Dr. Facilier made a silhouette in his hand of a boy. "All you gotta do is get a bit of your pal, Charlie's blood..."

He closed his hands on the silhouette and when he opened them there sat a strange looking necklace of a weird face.

"Then you bring it back to me,"

Dr. Facilier offered the necklace to me. I hesitantly took it and looked it over.

"Why Charlie's blood...? Is he gonna get hurt...?" I asked.

"Oh, no! Your friend has special blood, you see! It'll be a great help in helping you and your ol' pals! I assure you, not a hair on lil' Charlie's head will be harmed~"

I was reluctant. On one hand, I didn't want to do something that could hurt Charlie. But on the other hand... he only really helped me out of pity... he may have been nice at times, but I don't know for sure if he actually considered me a friend...

"What do you say? Shake a poor sinners hand?" Dr. Facilier held a hand out.

    I said nothing. Then I took his hand.