Chapter 38

Ariel's POV

I snuggle deeply into the white fluffy pillow on the large King Sized bed that I'm currently lying on.

Wait, King Sized Bed? I own a Queen.

I quickly sit up and look around the bedroom with grey walls and I instantly realise that it is Adam's bedroom.

I look down at my attire and recognise that I'm still in the outfit that I wore to school. Then the events from earlier today replayed in my mind.

"Oh my God." I say as I physically face palm myself.

I promised Adam that we'd hang out and I can't even remember falling asleep. I can't begin to imagine how Adam must feel right now. I've been so busy with school and assignments that I haven't had enough time for him.

I look at the clock beside his bed and the time reads 7:09 PM.

I groan before removing the comforter from across my body and jumping off the bed.

I make my way downstairs to see if I can find Adam and apologize to him for what happened today.

I turn the corner of the mansion and mentally think up apologies in my head, praying that Adam won't be too mad at me.

When I enter the kitchen, I find Adam standing there in front of the counter, shirtless and wearing a sky blue sweatpants.

Huh. What happened to the cliche grey?

A bowl is present in front of him, along with its content. Flour and dough covers his face in patches and his handsome face is scrunched up as he stirs the mixture in front of him.

To say the kitchen is a mess would be an understatement. Pots and pans are scattered everywhere and flour covers the majority of the floor.

A burning smell overtakes my nose and Adam obviously smells it because he murmurs under his breath, "Shit." And quickly stops what he's doing and rushes over to the oven, still unaware of my presence.

He quickly puts on a mitten, opens the handle and angrily pulls out the burned cookies and drops the tray on the counter frustratedly, along with the mitten.

He annoyingly pushes the bowl away and rests his palms on the counter, hanging his head low and soon a frown overtakes his features.

I decide that now is the time to make myself known, "Adam?" I walk further in the kitchen.

His eyes snap towards me and he straightens up as I make my way towards him.

"What's going on?" I ask as I'm now standing directly in front of him.

His eyes scan around the disorganized kitchen and a pink coloured blush tints his cheeks. "I um, I thought you'd be hungry when you wake up since you didn't get to eat since you fell asleep..." He scratches the back of his neck embarrassedly as the shade on his cheeks grow darker. "I know, it's a mess." He says as he turns around and angrily throws the cookies in the trash.

I couldn't help but smile at his back at the effort that he tried to put in but that quickly fades away when I remember my reason for coming down here. "Look, Adam..." I walk up to him and he turns around to look at me questionably.

"I'm... sorry that I feel asleep. I know that I promised we'd hang out..." I ramble, trying to avoid eye contact with him. "I honestly can't remember when I fell asleep... but you should've woken me up-" I continue but was rudely interrupted when Adam's lips collide with mine in one swift movement.

I'm stunned for a while but hesitantly kiss back anyways. The kiss isn't needy or rushed. It's slow, short and passionate. Adam pulls away after a while and gazes down at me with an emotionless face.

His knuckles graze my flushed cheeks and his eyes burn holes through my face. "Shh. You were just tired, I understand." He whispers. 

I sigh in both relief and content. "So... we're eating out right?" I smile looking around the kitchen. He chuckles softly and does the same. "I guess we are." He replies. 

He plants a firm kiss on my forehead and then speaks, "Go and get ready, we're leaving in ten. "He smiles and makes his way upstairs.

-----------------------

Adam opens the door to the relatively small diner. I enter first and he follows suit, directly behind me. I find a U shaped seat directly at the back and we both make our way to the back of the diner. 

Adam lets me slide in first and him after. After we've taken our seats, we then decide to look at the menu. 

"Have you decide what you're doing for you're birthday?" I decide to converse once I've figured out what to order. "Spend it with you, what else?" He replies nonchalantly, without drawing his eyes away from the menu.

I  scrunch up my face at the thought of Adam having such a boring 19th birthday. "But that's so boring." I voice my thoughts while retrieving the menu from his hands to gain his attention.

He averts his eyes to mine and and chuckles lowly. "It's in a few months anyways, Ariel. I've got a long time to decide." He continues as I nod my head in understanding. 

I let my eyes roam over the small diner, just in time to see a woman, in about her early twenties, looking in our direction. Her eyes scan our table before she quickly pushes up her Double D breasts and pulls up her already short uniform, so that it reaches just below her ass.

I then realised that she's our waitress and I mumble, "Oh, brother."  Under my breath.

This is suppose to be the part where she shamelessly flirts with Adam right in front of my face, ignoring the fact that I'm right in front of them.

I'm not gonna lie, she's really pretty and thankfully not wearing a whole face full of makeup. Just a little, if any at all. 

She struts her way over here and instantly focuses her direction on... me?

She leans over the table, giving me a clear view of her breasts, right in front of my face. "Welcome to Dunkens Diner. Is there anything I can get you?" She purrs, inching closer to me every word she pronounces.

"Hello, her boyfriend over here?"  Adam says, trying to gain her attention. She sighs frustratedly and looks over at Adam boredly. "May I help you?"She sasses at Adam, obviously not interested in him, maybe because of her sexuality.

"Nah, I was just wondering when you were going to stop flirting with my girlfriend?" He seethes, obviously jealous. For what, I don't understand. I'm not even a lesbian.

I glare at him for being so rude and then turn my attention back to her. "Could you give us a moment, please?" I ask her nicely. She winks at me while glaring at Adam and walks away.

I then fully bring my gaze to Adam.

------------------

Hey, you potatoes! So, just a little information. 

I'm now on Christmas Vacation from school, which means I'll be updating quicker for you guys! Thank you all so much for your comments and Votes to My Best Friend's Brother.

That's all for now. Bye!

Comment how you're liking the story so far right here!