Chapter23: Flashback part 2

The Prince introduced me to everyone and guided me through the domain, by the way his name is Ralis.
So afterward, since I agreed on being a royal guard, he guided me to the training area to test my skills.

Ralis: Here, we have two types of soldiers, the long ranged soldiers and the contact soldiers.

Y/n: Ok.

Ralis: First you'll need to show me your reflexes.

He made hand signs and two archers aimed at me.

Ralis: Dodge this arrows.

They fired at me but even if a human wouldn't even see them coming, for me, it was like slow motion. I easily dodged the two arrows.

Y/n: What other steps are they?

Ralis: Hand to hand combat. On the ground and underwater.

I was sure to win the first one but... underwater?
One soldier that looked muscular walked up to me.

Soldier: You'll be fighting me.

Y/n: Nice to meet you too.

I didn't take any kind of fighting pose, I just waited for him to act. He isn't doing anything.

Y/n: Whenever you want buddy.

He nodded and rushed at me. Tried send a right hook at me but I ducked under it and kicked him away. He ran once again at me but this time, he got a spear out of his back and tried to cut me down. As the spear came close to me, I decided to just try and grab it bare handed.
It was surprisingly easy to catch so I spinned it around and threw it to the ground. The soldier came crashing down and he was knocked out.
I heard clapping so I turned around and saw that it was Ralis who was clapping his hands.

Ralis: Well done, now, underwater!

I looked around and there was a huge hole filled with water.

Ralis: this where they always train, it's said to be filled with magical power making the soldiers stronger.

Y/n: Interesting... Let's go then.

I jumped into the water and waited for a soldier to come...but there was no one except the Prince and the already injured soldier.

Y/n: Where is my oppo-

I felt something taking a hold of my left leg and pulling me down in the water. I activated my 'breathing underwater' magic and tried to kicked the soldier away.
After sometime struggling, I finally got my leg free so I took a defensive stance.
I know that Zoras are fast underwater but I wasn't expecting that much speed, it was as if a bullet passed me!
I looked around and saw him turning around before rushing at me again with this frightening speed. I didn't hesitate this time and, as he came close, I grabbed his arm and punched his stomach, knocking him out.
I got a hold of him and got us back at the surface.
I got back up on the ground and layed the soldier down.

Y/n: Alright.

Ralis: That's... unbelievable... How comes a human can beat a Zora underwater?

Y/n: I don't know...

There was a brief silence.

Ralis: YOU ARE NOW A ROYAL GUARD, YAY!!!!!

He seemed really happy about this, maybe because I'm a human...