.:Chapter Eighteen:.

'I want your love'

'I want your love'

Severus doesn't look up from his plate when the brunet drops down at the Slytherin table beside him. He doesn't see the slightly worried look on the brunet's face and he doesn't see the way he flicks off a Slytherin sixth year who looks scandalized. When he finally looks up he's thankful that the shorter boy looks a lot better than he did the night before. When he sees the slight panic in the other's eyes he dropped his biscuit, "What's wrong?"

Cercius held out a small letter with a fancy blue, wax seal and swallowed, "My grandmother wishes to meet you, you've been formally invited to spend the entire Winter Holiday at the Fawley estate as well as attend our annual Yule Celebration," he breathed out in relief, "And as my first formal courtship gift to you I'd like to buy your robes for the event".

Reaching forward he tentatively takes the small parcel in his own hand and uses a nearby butter knife to break the seal. Scanning over the invitation briefly he nods to himself before looking at his complain, "I usually spend the holidays here anyway, it should be exciting".

The curly headed boy snorts, "It'll be exciting alright, we'll both have to deal with a load of self entitled assholes including my Gran for an entire evening and god forbid it, dance".

Severus' eyebrows raise of their own accord, "Are you that bad of a dancer?"

Sighing the Hufflepuff rubs his hands across his face, "That's the thing I'm a great dancer and my Gran has told everyone so I'll have to dance with a bunch of strangers," he pauses and his voice cracks, "I really hate touching people, Sev... some people are alright but most I just can't handle".

The ravenet carefully grasps the shorter male's shaking hand and oceanic eyes come up to meet galactic, "It's going to be alright, if you need to get away then I will be there, after all your courting me so it would be natural to spend most of your time with me".

Cercius squeezes his hand and lowers his head to press a kiss to the back of it before resting his forehead against their joined hands, "Thank you, Severus, it means a great deal to me that you are giving me this opportunity".

Squeezing back the dark eyed man forces down a smile, "No, thank you, Cercius".