12 ~ New Years Revelations

Sirius Black was pacing up and down the grassy bank of the Black Lake, waiting for Eloise Potter who was late, as per usual

Sirius Black was pacing up and down the grassy bank of the Black Lake, waiting for Eloise Potter who was late, as per usual. He checked his watch and sighed nervously, running a hand through his long hair, and starting to wonder if he had been stood up. He leant against a tree, tapping his foot and sighing, he rubbed the back of his neck. He was planning how he was going to sneak back into the common room without anyone knowing he, Sirius Black. 'The most popular guy in school after James', had been left waiting by none other than Eloise Gemina Potter. James was never going to let him forget this. Evans was never going to let him forget this. Eloise was never going to let him forget this - ever. He was startled out of his thoughts by a soft 

 "Nervous much?" in his left ear. Sirius jumped, hitting his head on one of the lower branches, and Eloise promptly burst out laughing. He gingerly rubbed his head, scowling at her, momentarily forgetting how nervous he was. 

"It's not funny!" he whined at her, which made her laugh even more. He turned in a huff and walked over to the edge of the lake, where he picked up a stone and expertly skimmed it with a swift flick of his wrist. His grey eyes watching as it bounced along the surface of the water. Eloise followed and watched him, calculating almost, how nervous he was, and registered the small shake of his hand as he threw each stone. Sirius realised that she was making him start this awkward conversation, and he cleared his throat. "Er... well, um...have you...you know, uhh, made an...ahem...made a decision?" She inwardly laughed at his childlike stutters. He visibly grimaced at his desperate attempt of initiating the exchange, obviously very irritated his usual cocky manner had deserted him when he needed it most. Eloise got the feeling, Sirius Black had never had to do this before, never had to wait for the girl to say yes, and certainly never been the one to admit any form of feelings. 

"Did I just watch the Sirius Black get flustered?" the girl teased, diffusing some of the prominent tension. 

"I do not get flustered." he said firmly but soon caught Eloise's gaze, "Well maybe? Okay, yes." Sirius admitted, realising there was no point denying what was evident, "How was your chat with Evans?" he asked, desperately trying to change the subject. 

"Well, Mr Black, the jury has come to a decision." Eloise grinned.

Sirius couldn't stop himself: " Well it's not much of a jury if there's only two of you is there?" he smirked. She narrowed her eyes at him, setting him back on edge, 

"If you must know, I asked the expert opinions of my trusty dorm mates Mary, Marlene, Alice and Lily, so they all know about your dirty little secret." 

"My street cred!" the boy exclaimed. Eloise rolled her hazel eyes, which considerably distracted him, as he found himself getting lost in them on multiple occasions. 

"Firstly; you don't have any-" 

"Ouch." He interjected 

"Secondly," she continued, "you have no idea what that even is." Sirius sighed,