Strike One

MAY 20, 20XXWednesday

MAY 20, 20XX
Wednesday

I took on Jungkook's deal.

I don't know exactly how he's going to get me close to Taehyung, but I at least know he can get through Yeri.

"So you just need me to convince one of my professors to sponsor your research? What even makes you think I have a way with professors?"

It feels super weird walking with Jungkook to the train station. I mean, I barely even know the guy.

"When I was filling out papers for a transfer, I noticed you in one of the pictures up in the office." He tilts his head to give me a smug smile, revealing his dimples.

" 'Stuuuudeeent offff the monttth' huh?" he emphasizes every word in my title.

"For not only having a 3.8 GPA but also for 'Striving to influence students in research'."

As he continues to emphasize words, his voice grows to annoy me. It's like he's mocking me!

We make it to the top of the stairs to wait for the train.

"How does Miss Yeri feel about this arrangement?" I raise an eyebrow and turn to him.

He laughs and plays with the straps of his backpack, playfully whacking my arm with it as he sways.

"Oh, she's pissed."

I swat away his backpack straps and take a look around the platform.

I had gotten so used to Taehyung not being around that I was taken aback when I saw him waiting for his train.

He had a tote bag hanging from his good shoulder and looked extremely comfy in his white crewneck and gold rimmed glasses.

He was staring at Jungkook and I, head tilted slightly back and eyes slightly narrow.

NO.

This is not what it looks like.

I am not Yeri.

Jungkook sucks air through his teeth.
"Looks like he's going back for finals."

Taehyung tilts his head as he looks at me. His eyes tell it all. "You too, huh."

I almost want to just turn back and run home, just call off the deal with Jungkook.

Taehyung rolls his head back and closes his eyes.

The train then arrives to divide us.

I hope to continue watching him, but he loses himself in the crowd standing up that I can no longer find him.

He did that on purpose.

I sigh as I watch the train leave.

"Now what?" I turn and glare at Jungkook.

"How can I get close to him? This was stupid...you're not even close him."

Jungkook flinches a little from my words as if he was really bothered.

"I-I know that.'

He lets out a sigh before staring right into my eyes. "Look, I said I'll get you close to him and I mean it. I need you and you need me in order to do that."

He got me there.

"Besides, he should know I'm still dating Yeri. I'll make sure that he understands that---in some way-- you are just helping me."

Jungkook could be lying but at least I wasn't doing nothing.

I let out a frustrated groan, "Fine. What are you majoring in anyways?"

"Entertainment engineering." Jungkook starts stepping closer to the yellow line as the train makes it's way to us.

I snort and close my eyes as I press my lips into a firm line because something is off.

"We don't have that major at our college."